Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any up-dates?

Comment

Well...it has been awhile since this thread was active but I will start up on this old man again very soon. Been to busy working and racing. I will take next year off from racing (except the occasional test n tune) and this will get done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
        Well...it has been awhile since this thread was active but I will start up on this old man again very soon. Been to busy working and racing. I will take next year off from racing (except the occasional test n tune) and this will get done!!!
        Doooo iiiiiitttt!!!
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Did you ever get that bearing?

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
            Did you ever get that bearing?
            No
            I was going through the stuff in my house and saw it the other day.
            I'm not spending too much time there lately
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

How's the rebuild going Bill??
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                How's the rebuild going Bill??
                I have to get the roller from Jim and get it to Tehachapi to put the good engine in it.
                Probably in the Spring. I'll be at the rally next year.

Comment

That's good
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I can`t believe that I started this project and thread in 2009 and it is still going. Time to get this old man back on track (and to the track) I have not touched it in years due to job,house and home business so IT IS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay tuned boys and girls...............

Comment

Yippee!
                      I need to come by and see you and the wife soon!

Comment

Come over anytime Bill.

Comment

Got the bike on the lift and have started planning frame mod`s foot pegs,chain guard,brake pedal etc,etc,etc. I will get some pictures up soon.

Comment

On the lift...

Comment

Are you going to use that old block?

Comment

Oh yea, that block is a rare one. Wiesco does not make it anymore and it is the good old aluminum cast. I will have to get new sleaves for it due to the rust was so bad it etched the walls. So I will have to get new pistons,any size that I want.

Comment

Working...
                                X