Jets for 78 GS400 going crazy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jets for 78 GS400 going crazy!!!

Hey everyone! I think this is my first post but I have been lurking here for the past 3-4 months. Most of my questions have been answered by searching and poking around but i can not find a clear answer to this question.

The bike is a 78 gs400 cafe'd, the exhaust is badly rusted with lots of holes/ so im probably going to cut it off and get some generic pipes as well pod filters. But im not going to do that untill i get jets

Just from searching ive seen that no one sells a kit but can some one tell me where and what to buy? part numbers? lol make a shopping cart and send me the screenshot, whatever haha. Seems like with the setup ill have i should be using 135's. but im guessing i should order some smaller and some larger. Anyway let me know! thanks guys I appreciate it

eeeeeee, theirs no way of answering that question without more info like what brand pods and what kind of pipe will be used. but even if you had those answers its still gonna be 100% trial and error to get the carbs right.i don't know how true this is but i have found the smaller bikes are a lot more touchy in the modding area of the carburetors on the other hand you might install the pipe and the pods and it might run perfect with a few twists of a screwdriver? its a suzuki, anythings possible. if you do figure it out post your results and lots of pics to help others out. good luck.

Comment

just looked at my title and wanted to clear up that i am indeed going crazy, not the jets.

heres a pic for funzies

Comment

probably just going to use the crappy emgo(sp) pods. Thing is the bike is my daily driver. I live in north philly and use it every day.. so i would like to have a few various jets on standby so i dont have to wait 4-5 days after i order some to drive to work. There is a oldschool bike shop a few blocks from my who could sync/ballance and tune the carbs after. I just need the hardware. No major company sells a jet "kit" i can just tell a shop to order them.

Comment

Working...
        X