anyone know what cams these are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know what cams these are?

I have a set of high lift cams for a gs1000 that I am trying to get some more information on.

the intake cam has the following markings:
    CWC
    J 26
    C1
    D1
    EP69
    stamped CM S4 (cam motion?) on end of shaft

Base circle: 1.110 lobe: 1.530
    subtract the two and you get a lift of 0.420?
    The Exhaust:
    CWC
    G 1
    C2
    D2
    EP69
    Stamped CM S7 on end of shaft

Base Circle: 1.060 Lobe: 1.485
    Lift of 0.425?
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

I don't know who made them but you are correct on the way to measure the lift. Those would be good street cams for a 1000 or 750 8 valver. Ray.

Comment

I know that CWC makes camshafts for cars and light trucks. Not sure if they make them for motorcycles. There website is www.textron.com , may be the same company. The CWC could be the name of the foundry that cast the cam shafts. From what I can recall CWC stands for Campbell Wyatt and Cannon or something close to that.

Comment

CWC is the billet manufacturer. E69 is the billet part number. Those cams are Cam Motions.
        Speed Merchant
        http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Cam Motion S4: .420" lift, 269 dgrs @ .040" lift, 262 dgrs @ .050" lift.
          Cam Motion S7 .429" lift, 272 dgrs @ .040" lift, 266 dgrs @ .050" lift.

You need shim under buckets for the S7. Dar

Comment

Dar, why would the .009 difference in lift require shim under on a street bike? Those are pretty small cams in my book. I am only curious, not looking to argue. Ray.
            Last edited by rapidray; 11-07-2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Your actually pushing it at .425" but I have had good luck with that lift. Web used to say .425" was safe but they don't anymore. Cam Motion recommended shim unders with the S7. I guess if you don't spin the motor too high you could get away with it. With the reduced base circle you will have a thick (heavy) shim on top. Dar

Comment

Thanks guys!

I already have a bigport head with shim under buckets. Planning on selling this stuff to fund my 1166 build
                Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
                2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Working...
                X