GS850 running well... with pods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 running well... with pods!

Hi guys. Just thought I'd share a bit of what I've done to my GS850 with you as it seems to be a common malaise around here.

At the moment I'm running individual pod filters and a 4-1 exhaust on my 850, and it seems to rev and go alright. I'm not licenced properly for this capacity of bike yet, so can't offer any roadtesting info, but the running so far seems ok. Its crisp off the bottom end with instant response and and quick to rev, even right from idle. Top end seems to be pretty strong, but theres is a bit of smoke thats indicative of the valves needing adjustment. Nothing serious, in other words.

I haven't done much except play with the idle, mainjets and airscrews. After fitment of the exhaust and pods, the bike wouldn't rev past 4,000rpm. The main jets were originally stock #115's, and I went up to #125's as the first step. These made it infinitely better, but still lean over 7,000rpm. I jumped again to #130's, and this seems a lot better. As before, this is pending a good roadtest.

The airscrews are about 2.5 turns out from lightly seated from memory, although they could be a bit less or more as I did them a while ago. Idle was adjusted to 1,000rpm when warm. The carbies (Mikuni BS32's) have yet to be synched.

Hope this helps, I'll update as I fine tune.

Cheers - boingk
Working...
X