Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update

Ok,
    So tried it out with oil level set to full mark. When I rev it to 8500/9000rpm the light didn't come on solid like it was, but did flicker just a bit. The guage did not drop though, stayed pegged.
    Think I'm gonna buy a 30 psi guage in the future.

Question, Do you think maybe the oil is cavitating @ high revs screwing with the light sensor?

Think its fine now, Its not like I spend much time @ those rpm's on the street any how.

Oh, clutch is working great now too.

Comment

You could of used the other pick up tube by just shortening it.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by paco13 View Post
        you should have left the other tube longer and just clearance the pan in that area.
        i do mine a little different than kris but really similar.

Comment

There is some tube left there, but the angle of pic hides it.
          I don't see how it would make much differance any way, it picks up from the center, if anything it would be in more oil while making right turns this way.
          But if you think it will cause a problem I could change it.
          Thanks again everyone.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2010, 08:21 PM. Reason: wrong way around the world

Comment

Welcome

Comment

[QUOTE=paco13;1144861]Hello,
              the oil light flickers.

On the oil sump p/u is there a seal between the p/u/screen and the eng. case? mine did not have one.

I had the same problem with my 1100 after cleaning the sump screen. Oil light flickering with high revs in all gears. Dropped the sump off and sure enough I had not made sure the O-ring was in place on the sump post and it was sitting in the bottom of the sump.

So to answer your question, yes, there is an O-ring between the sump and oil pickup (part number 1982 fiche 09280 13001) and if it isn't there I am pretty sure once you replace it the oil light flickering will get the flick and you can adjust the oil level back to normal. Hope this helps, cheers.
              Shin-Ken 1074
              1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
              1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

the actual sump with the pick up tubes do not have an oring or any type of sealing device where it attaches to the engine case.

Comment

The o-ring has been replaced with new 3 times through-out this thread
                  Thanks for the input though.
                  I thought of making some sort of seal for the pickup, but figured if factory didn't need it, it wasn't worth the risk of having a chunk of something come off "after" the screen and sucked direct into oil passsage.

Comment

Working...
                  X