Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4/1 repair with Jet Hot coatings.

Hello
    I had a small spill in early spring on my 1100 and dented my Yoshimura 4/1 pretty bad,Putting a new engine in the bike and didn't want to risk damage or buying a "to low to the ground"unit off EBay or and ugle V/H megapooper from bike bandit.... so I cut out the dented parts of the pipe and cut small tabs welded them up and it seems to hold,Rigged i know but you cant see it when on the bike,not so much the old pit rust though O well i like it.
    Now for my question ...has anyone noticed a lower Engine temp when using the new EXTREME STERLING exhaust coating from Jet Hot?Says Lowers skin temps 35%????I had 2 covers done also pictures below,it cost me $250 W shipping for all that you see.Not a bad deal. I hope it helps to cure my heat problems,any input would be appreciated.Thanks Rick

Last edited by Guest; 01-22-2010, 07:16 PM.

Coming from the automotive aspect of Jet-Hot coatings, I can vow that they are one of the best out there.

MY long-tube headers on my Mustang, well you can grab them about 20 mins after I shut the car off. With them being coated, it made a huge difference in under-the-hood temps.

Comment

Chrome or Black?

Hello and thanks for the reply,where the headers on your Mustang chrome before?wanting to see if this helps the 290+Degree 1100e engine temperatures I run into here after getting trapped on the beltway in my area,also what was the engine temperature difference between the two header coating if you know?Thanks Again Rick.

Comment

Your pipes look pretty nice, and you should notice lower exhaust system temps from the coating, but I would be surprised if it makes a significant difference in engine operating temps. It sounds like you are experiencing elevated engine & oil temps mainly due to inadequate airflow, going by the 'beltway' description (congested traffic situation?), and significant performance mods, and a coated exhaust system will have negligible cooling effect on that, on a bike, IMHO. In automotive applications, they will reduce under-hood, and possibly air intake temperatures due to less heat radiated from the header. I had my 1100E header ceramic coated inside & outside (not Jet Hot Extreme Stirling) , mainly for rust/corrosion prevention, and it has held up very well for the past 7 years, with minimum maintenance, so it was worth it for that reason alone. As another member posted, the pipes are cool to the touch very soon, after shutting the engine off. I did not notice any reduction in engine operating temp though (my bike is stock in terms of bore/cams, so I don't usually see temps anywhere near 290-300). Do let us know your findings, after testing the Extreme Stirling though.
        '82 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
        X