Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marzocchi rebuild Pics.

My Marzocchi's are now rebuilt.
    I wish i could say i did it all by myself, but i actually received more than a little help from my friend. I played the trades assistant.

Here are some pics.

Comment

Great pics, did you buy the rebuild kit here in QLD? I have to do mine and seeing the new colour on yours makes me want to have mine powdercoated before the new seals go in, cheers.
      Shin-Ken 1074
      1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
      1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
        Great pics, did you buy the rebuild kit here in QLD? I have to do mine and seeing the new colour on yours makes me want to have mine powdercoated before the new seals go in, cheers.
        I bought the rebuild kit from Marzocchi in the UK, i couldn't find any locally.
        Also, they aren't powder coated. I got the original paint matched and sprayed them with 2 pack from a spray can, cheap and easy and they look pretty good.

Comment

Looks good I Have a set I need to do as well

What was the cost of the kit if you remember?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            Looks good I Have a set I need to do as well

What was the cost of the kit if you remember?
            I believe it cost me AUS$60. It included diaphrams and all the seals, it didnt have an O-ring to go around the valve stem though.
            I have since looked on the website for other marzocchi stuff and i couldnt find the rebuild kits, but if i do i will post the link.

I have asked someone before, but just to be sure, does it matter which way around the shocks go?
            Mine are eye to eye, not clevis.

Comment

I have seen pics of them bolted on 'right side up' on bikes that take eye/eye shocks, so I would say it doesn't matter....on most of our GSs that require eye/clevis shocks, they only go on with the reservoir down, absent any modding.
              I have a zero-mile pair of those same shocks that I acquired a few months ago....they were apparently purchased brand new and bolted on to a turbo build GS project that never got completed (that incomplete Orient Express bike had around $18,000 invested, and was posted once here, in the 'For Sale' section for 4 grand, without any takers). Anyway, the shocks still look brand new, but no idea if the seals will leak as they had been sitting unused for at least 5 years....I'll find out in a few months I guess.
              I would appreciate that link too, for the rebuild kit, if/when you find it.
              '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
              Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I must have been on the wrong website before, cause i just found it easy.

Remember that this is for the 12mm shafts, there would be a different kit for the 10mm.

Comment

Hi Landy, thanks for the link on the kit. The last time I had mine rebuilt it was 1994, rode into the shop at Punchbowl and rode out 45 minutes later for a total cost of $36! Yeah I saw your primer and guessed it was a two-pack, it sure looks good. If I don't have any other gear to go for powder soon (they charge per square metre) I might try the Septone Brake Caliper paint and see how that holds up? Thanks again, cheers.
                  Shin-Ken 1074
                  1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
                  1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

I was really surprised at how good the finish on the paint was, i have never used that stuff before.

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
                      I must have been on the wrong website before, cause i just found it easy.

Remember that this is for the 12mm shafts, there would be a different kit for the 10mm.

http://www.marzocchi.co.uk/moto/850193-C.html
                      Great, thanks! Current exchange rates have made overseas buying much more attractive.
                      Just to clarify, your rebuilt shocks (pictured) have 12mm shafts?
                      '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                      Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                        Great, thanks! Current exchange rates have made overseas buying much more attractive.
                        Just to clarify, your rebuilt shocks (pictured) have 12mm shafts?
                        Yes, mine have 12mm shafts. I know there are marzocchis that have a 10mm shaft, but i dont know any details about them.

Comment

I found my old thread; mind must be going......

Comment

Working...
                          X