Need help 82 gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help 82 gs1100e

hey i just picked up my second gs that isnt running and i have spark and air but im wondering what to do about fuel. my gas tank is rusted out completely and starting the bike with a funnel and hose doesnt seem to work because it just cant seem to pull the fuel without a vacuum hose. or maybe im not thinking of everything... any suggestions? plus this is her first start in 2 years so any other suggestions would be appreciated just in case i havent thought of everything.

Pull the carbs & go COMPLETELY through them! It will save you headaches in the long run. I guarantee it! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      Pull the carbs & go COMPLETELY through them!
      After that just plug the engine vac line to the petcock with golf tee. Get an IV bottle and hang it above the carbs attached to them with a long hose. Its all gravity.
      Caution: Be careful with a homemade fuel supply. Murphy will show up when least expected. Never a bad idea to have a fire extinguisher near by.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

just pulled the carbs and relized they were full of varnish and rust. i completely cleaned them and will be putting back together tomorrow. i bet she'll start then. thanks for the replys.

Comment

If it hasn't already been done, drill out the plugs over the mixture screws so you can adjust them correctly. If the plugs are there be careful drilling them so you don't drill the head of the screw when you go through the plug. Ray.

Comment

What color is your '82 E? Jwhelan has a new-ish champagne tank for sale, along with a bunch of other GS parts over in the 'parts for sale' section.
            Tony.
            '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
            Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

hey rapid ray, when you say plugs do you mean the actual rubber plugs next to the main jet? and to respond to the other i am looking for a tank any color. so if the price is right i would look into buying your friends.

Comment

Those too and replace ALL the o-rings. He is speaking of the aluminum plugs that were covering the idle jets located top front on the carbs. More often than not they were removed and left off a long time ago. (no loss)
                Do remove the rubber plug and the pilot jet and clean it and it's passages.

Comment

Tonkin, call me at 714-356-7845. Ray.

Comment

Tonkin, call me at 714-356-7845. Ray.
                    Hey dont talk behind our backs.....I need to remove those caps too.
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Call me Dave I will even help YOU! LOL!! Ray.

Comment

hey rapid ray i'll call ya soon when i get time to get out there and mess with the carbs which may be tomorrow or wednesday 5:30pm mountain time. If thats good for you. thanks

Comment

Call me Dave I will even help YOU! LOL!! Ray.
                          Ill call you when the snow melts. Will you be around on the 4th of July .
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

Lolz!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X