X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. Very nice.

Comment

Update :

Did the top end oil cooler with plumbing from the engine used gs1150 oil cooler cover with the oil baffle.Fit the rear wheel straight (5.5in 180)with the frame,Used the string method and the my own rigged up laser method seems straight 7mm spacer on chain side of the sprocket with a 5/8 PMFR offset sprocket seems straight.
      To fit the 530 Drz drag chain I had to Dimple the frame with a One Inch solid steel pipe to avoid cutting into the frame Rapidray idea I butchered the last with a grinding wheel.Took a good bit of pounding but has clearance and no grinding.

Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2010, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Rick, those supply lines to the top end oiler look really SMALL! Also, you SHOULDN'T need teflon tape on the AN fittings to your oil cooler lines. Looking good though! Ray.

Comment

Thread Saver

Bike is alive and well I been romping it around the streets of Maryland,Installed new Dg outer bearing support kit and zx 12 rear sets with the help of GregB and Isolman......also picked up a Outlaw gs1100 I been tinkering with.Will Post pictures Very soon.Thanks

Comment

Glad you got all the parts. How did that torque arm fit up?
            The Three Horsemen
            '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
            '83 GS1100ES
            ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
            Porkchop Express

Comment

Very nice. Glad to see you stuck with the old girl and didn't opt for the young tart(gsxr)
              Nice job.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Yea I'm not into Tupperware models thanks for the Steering GSXR stabilizer Idea works well from what I can tell 130+ no head shake....,but anyhow GregB,Rapidray,Jim and Cheff sorry for the delay on the bike build but I been SWAMPED with work and havent had a weekend off in almost 2 months.
                I did hook up Greg B built rearsets on the street rod build with Iselomans zx12 idea and my aftermarket zx12 rearsets it works very nice almost 900 miles and i don't feel to "Racey"lol...they do look a little Gawdy but RASSK does not build a set so.Also did the off set support kit with welds had to move the kickstand forward like 3 in what a PIA hard to ride with no kickstand.
                In the mean time I have taken Rays built 1229 street engine threw a Number of hard local afterwork street romps and I can say that well after going into 4th ......at hard throttle I have to let off until i grow more balls or more frame mods.

I have to admit I have moved on to a forbiddin project ....... outlaw drag 1100 bike frame I picked up for $1500 complete roller.....took the engine 1260 out of my 1985 1150 and put it in the Outlaw...almost done need to weld the back brake up.....Here are some garage pictures til i get my S++t together ...Vids of the Street Rod soon to come....Thanks Again GSR!!!

Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2010, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Keep the good stuff coming.
                  My 1229 is on the road also.
                  Fun stuff!
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

WOW!!!! Didn't think you'd be able to put a CAR/TRUCK tag on a bike. But hey, its no where near stock now. Looking good.

Comment

Well im getting there work has been as usual getting in the way of my tinkering,I posted some pictures of my new bike lift picked it up from gregsmithequipment.com in Delware on sale for $600 with bike jack for the lift,sure beats hunching over.Now for the bike,I'm now dealing with starter problems going 24v or not to go 24v?Im almost done but thinking about having to charge the 2nd battery needed and if its street worthy?Any input would be great.

Comment

Looks a lot like my garage.... only better organised

Comment

i want these....

Comment

Working...
                          X