MAC 4-1 Exhuast?? Anyone have these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
    Here's the Ebay Yosh full system. Someone should jump on this. I might just to hold onto it until someone needs one. It won't be $89 though. I'd refinish it and sell it for more.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3D1&viewitem=
    I just checked and its SOLD for $89.00. ( I wonder if someone with BR initials bought it )

I have a MAC on my 850 but it came with it. I'm happy with it but then again, I don't know the difference.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2010, 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by sscott View Post
      I just checked and its SOLD for $89.00. ( I wonder if someone with BR initials bought it )

I have a MAC on my 850 but it came with it. I'm happy with it but then again, I don't know the difference.
      Nah, last thing I need is another pipe hanging around the garage.

Comment

Man, for your sake, I really hope you didn't buy the MAC 4-1. I speak from experience with MAC. I own a 1980 GS550L. I got a MAC 4-1 a couple years ago new off eBay and installed it with stock jets and a little carb tuning everything was fine. Their pi$$-poor chrome started rusting on my garage-kept (and well maintained) 550 all over the headers in less than 6 months. I called MAC and asked them why the chrome on my 30 year old fenders is rust free, but their header was rusting after 6 months. I demanded a refund or a new pipe. They refused either one because I bought from an unaffiliated seller on eBay. I told them to stand by their product and they left me in the cold. I still have the $hitty exhaust on my bike. In fact I just took it off today to try to clean up.

Moral of this story.... I WISH I would have imported a Marshall Deeptone.

Comment

Well I called MAC and told them I want to cancel my order . . . . Too late, the header had shipped and was at my front door. I would have totally jumped on the yosh and done some modding but i don't have access to a welder anymore. I will post pics of the unit when i get it on the bike and let you know what I think. I was told by the sales guy at MAC that they are very understaffed, and have a hard time filling every order (took 7 months for mine!). To me it sounded like they didn't know what the h#ll they are doing, and when I went to cancel, a header showed up. Weird huh?

Thanks for all the input!

Comment

I run a MAC 4into1 with a V&H's race baffle on a 82 gs750t an it sound great..I bored the carbs and run a dynojet stage3 kit,pods,stage2 cam.

Comment

Thanks for the tip . . . I've heard many people say they don't like the sound of the MAC's. If that seams to be the case, maybe I'll have to buck up and drop a few more dollars on a new muffler.

Comment

Working...
              X