Swingarms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swingarms!

What gsxr swingarms mount directly into the 82 1100e frame? im looking at a few and wondering what will be the most bang for the buck? along with getting a Gixxer/Bandit Rear wheel. While im at it which forks do you think work the best as well im looking at getting the inverted gixxer's 93-94ish. What are some thoughts?

No GSXR will be a straight bolt on. There are all to wide at the pivot point. You either have to take material off the frame or swingarm. If you're going mono-shock then you have work to do for the shock mount.

Forks are a little easier to deal with. Which one to use depends on which wheels, rotors, and calipers you want to use. Just make sure it all comes from the correct range of years.

I'm using '95 GSXR750 forks in a CBR954RR triple clamp to gain a little ground clearance.

Comment

I had to narrow my '05 GSXR swinger and spacers by about 6.5mm total to get it to fit, but it's all still in progress on my project. I didn't want to grind on the frame.

Comment

so it seems that i can use almost any swingarm as long as i fab it out to fit. but as far as forks which is the easiest set up as far as specific year and model? and which wheels? better yet what is the best total set up on a budget?

Comment

The place to start is what style wheel you want to use then build around them. Rotor offset on the front wheel is going to pretty much force you to use forks from years those rotors and wheels were used. You might go to this website, http://www.suzukicycles.org/All-Suzu...ki_models.html. Look at the weights of the bikes. The '91-'93 models got a little porky so the spring rate would probably be better suited if you don't want to have to deal with heavier springs right off the bat. That will lock you into '88-'95 wheels.

Comment

I am using a 05 gsxr 750 arm and had to remove 3mm from each side. the pivot bolt is much larger on the gsxr but the bearing race off the gs fit perfectly into the gsxr race so i just welded the two together and used the stock swingarm bolt. this put the swingarm right against the motor so i had to grind down the outside of the swinger to allow some clearance.the shock mount was fairly easy and seems to work very well.I also used the 05 gsxr750 front susp,I cut the top bearing support off the frame and welded on a new sleeve to allow the same bearing top and bottom. ground clearance could be better but i just picked up a 4-2-1 pipe that should help.Any newer front wheels have no speedo drives.I also installed 1.05 racetech springs and they feel o.k

Comment

Swinger?

The easiest is to put a small jack, like from a Toyota between the pivots on the frame and widen the frame as necessary. Yes, it does work and reduces the amount you may need to remove from inside the frame for the chain. The '90-'92 750 arms are nice. And can use the 16mm GS11 pivot bolt. Where is the foto... I even have an extra, one 750 and an 1100 if you want a long bike, as I really want the Busa arm to work.
              sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
              2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
              Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
              '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

Bandit swingarms are a perfect fit, but you need to have reducer bushings fabbed for the Bandit pivot axle.

Comment

swing arm

i used very thing from a 97 trl1000s on my gs750es
                  for the front forks i had to have a baring made to fit the top
                  and had to remove some off each side if the swing arm to get it too fit
                  i even used the tlr1000 gears and chain.. you can do any thing if you put your mind to it ... if you go back in the forum you can find the post i did about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X