Dyna Coil rubber boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna Coil rubber boot?

I have a question for all the GSer's running the green Dyna Coils. I have been running em long time but I cannot seem to find a spark plug/distributor cap boot with a large enough inside diameter that actually slips over the Dyna coil tower. What type of spark plug/distributor cap boot are you using that is large enough to fit over the coil tower shown below? It seems the universal spark plug wire sets are too small for this application so what works?

TIA

Steve

1979 GS1000E (45 Yrs), 1981 GPz550 (11 Yrs)

I've got Accel Superstock 8mm wires. Automotive style ends. They're tight, but they're definitely on securely.

Comment

If you call Dynatek at 626-963-1669 they will have the ones you need. Ray.

Comment

I'm running Dyna wires supplied by Z1 Enterprises. Works great with the Dyna green coils.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
          I'm running Dyna wires supplied by Z1 Enterprises. Works great with the Dyna green coils.
          80GS1000,
          Okay if they fit over the towers so i Just looked at Z1 Enterprises and was wondering if you went with the 7mm copper wires w 135 angle or 8mm suppression straight?
          Steve

1979 GS1000E (45 Yrs), 1981 GPz550 (11 Yrs)

Comment

If you just take one of your coils & wires to an auto parts store you will be able to find what will work. I recommend an automotive "speed" shop. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by srsupertrap View Post
              80GS1000,
              Okay if they fit over the towers so i Just looked at Z1 Enterprises and was wondering if you went with the 7mm copper wires w 135 angle or 8mm suppression straight?
              I bought these: http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=209

Comment

I got mine from Dyna at the same time I bought my coils. I was trying to avoid the problem you are having. I don't remember which ones I got though.

Comment

I just replaced my wires last week with these. No problems with the fit, and quick shipping. http://tiny.cc/K51zs

Comment

Working...
                  X