Forward Controls Available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forward Controls Available?

I would love to have forward controls on my 82 GS650L. Is there a kit available? I don't have the resources to fabricate my own at this point in time.

Thanks! Hope you're all getting your first rides of the season in too =)

Your on your own for forward controls

Comment

ditto that...

Comment

This is too bad. Certainly doesn't seem like rocket science to convert a set of highway bars into forward controls; I figured there would be some kind of universal kit or something.

Comment

forward controls,,,,,

all thats needed for forward controls are linkage arms ,,which are made out of round bar with threads each end,, along with small universals on the ends .. ,,i.e. most bearing supplys have them.....you can get them off an existing bike,, such as an xv1100 yamaha cruiser.. or a KAW.. cruiser... lock up pag motorcycles... he makes chinese style choppers and forward controls hope this helpsstay away from harlwy unless you have a GOLD credit card regards david

Comment

Originally posted by Henryinva View Post
            ditto that...
            When a man who fabricates some might fine customs tells you that there's nothing out there, believe him.

I'm sure he has been through all the suppliers looking, so if he says there's nothing there, there's nothing there.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm puzzling over why this is in the "Performance Mods" forum.

Appearance or Technical, perhaps.

But forward controls are definitely not what I would consider a "Performance Mod", at least not for the bike (maybe for the rider...maybe).

Sorry.

I'm afraid you're most likely heading for custom-fabrication territory if you wish to pursue this. Not terribly difficult, but critically important to ensure that the linkage geometry is correct, and construction is safe and durable.

Comment

You beat me to it Ronin! I was just getting ready to post that I didn't see a lot of "Performance" in forward controls! LOL!! Ray.

Comment

ebay put in suzuki chopper or yamaha chopper or honda chopper --there is 1 company that has a generic set you can easilly put on your bike.
                  Last edited by trippivot; 03-19-2010, 05:25 PM. Reason: mispelling
                  SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

PS I have a KZ chopper that I plan on going through the traps heels first!!

real street 10:50 DOT indexes. hehe
                    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
                    X