Upgrade Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Questions.

I know it's blasphemy to consider anything other than a GS as an upgrade, but Hayabusa prices have tanked just across the border in Quebec due to draconian new regulations making insurance an extremely pricey proposition for larger, high performance machines. Sucks for our Quebec brothers, but it is something for a windfall for anyone with a bit of coin to spare. I was wondering if there are any owners here on the board who could share their experiences with owning one of these machines as a daily driver. I know regular maintenance would probably be a bear, but I have dreamed of owning one since they first came out in 99. Seems like I'm always putting stuff off till the time is right, but the death of a coworker recently, highlighted the fact that we can't really count on time being available to do the things we want to do. He was 50, diagnosed with cancer on March 1st, dead 17 days later. A real shocker to all of us.

Bikes are showing up for as little as $3900, with many around the $5k mark. If I sell both the GS and my XS, it would see me putting out just a couple of grand for my dream bike, but I don't want a back breaker or leg toaster just to say I own a Busa.

you'll love the change!! I'v been eyeing them too. have ridden a few and they are nice.. the long wheel base to be considered in twisties
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I had a 2001 model for a couple of years. I had to lower the pegs and raise the bars as I have to do with all my bikes to get it comfortable. It's a fantastic bike for whatever you want to do. Very docile for commuting and a great touring bike with torque everywhere. It's stupid fast. I had it doing 140kph in first gear and I did not even hit the rev limiter. I also had it up to 250kph and it was steady as a train on rails. I bit of a pig in tight twisties but manageable. You'll more than make up for the slow turns on the straights.

Raz

Comment

just sold my 01 busa in favor of my old gs not that there was anything wrong with the busa it is as comfortable at 40k in third gear as it is at 300k+ it is very comfortable for longer rides as the seat is awesome.I installed some helibars due to my problematic wrist.the motors make so much poweryou could easily pull away in second gear it nwas an extremely reliable ride also mine had 51k and ran like a new one actually even quicker with the mods.Good luck it is nothing but fun. I read somewhere that a guy on a 600 said oh yea my bike handles better the busa owner responded at some point in time the road will straighten out and i Will pass you period
        Last edited by Guest; 03-22-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X