Heated Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated Seat

A friend of mine has been asking if I know anything about these.... I don't so I thought I'd throw it out there to see what you thought.

Specifically this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Water...ht_1903wt_1273

But he's open to other options if anyone has any good ideas. The guy commutes all through the winter in the UK.. guess he's preparing for next year already!

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Haven't seen that particular one, but I've heard some good things about the concept.

Aerostich sells the Bun Warmer for $87:

Usually the rear end is the absolute last part of the body to get cold, but it's one way to keep the core temperatures up a bit, and it's attached to the bike so it's always available with no fussing, like heated grips.

But from what I've read, a heated vest is far more effective at keeping core temps up and uses about the same amount of power. The disadvantage, of course, is that you have to plug yourself in and somehow deal with the cords.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

One option would be to use a heated seat insert from an automobile seat. Should be cheap and easy to find at a junk yard. They are usually inserted into the seat between the cover and the foam. Not sure how many amps they would draw but that shouldn't be hard to figure/find out. You could wire it into the bikes electrical system and control it with a switch.

Comment

Working...
      X