1100 ES going 1428

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 ES going 1428

This winter I gave my old 1100 ES engine a small rebuild. For those who are interested I attached a couple of pictures of some engine parts. This is not a race bike, I use it for commuting, small weekend trips with my wife and some weekend street bike dragracing now and then.
    The parts I used were:
    -1150 cases.
    -1100 -83, big end crankshaft
    -An old FBG big block and Wiseco 13:1 pistons. 83 mm, lateral gas ported (not in the pictures) and PTFE coated.
    -Straight cut 1100 primary and billet basket with lockup.
    -GSXR 1100 -91 head ported by me. 30/26 valves new seats on intake (allows ~31,5mm intake). (I have never had any problem with shim spitting).
    -Yoshimura stage 1 camshaft, ~0,37” lift.
    -RS40
    -Cope exhaust with V&H megaphone.

See the first start at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aIxMyasSZk (I use a BIG muffler since it was Saturday morning)

Cheers
    Ingvar

Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2010, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Sounds sweet....

Just watched the video I hope she performs just how you want.....

Very jealous here..lol

Comment

Nice looking build, Ingvar.
        You must love your job if you are using that brute for commuting...you will get there quickly.
        What cooler are you using?
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Nice looking build, Ingvar.
          You must love your job if you are using that brute for commuting...you will get there quickly.
          What cooler are you using?
          Thank you. Yes I like my job and I also like to travel to/from the job .

The cooler is a Mesa-Cool 48 plate.
          I rode the bike for the first time today , feels promising. I will break it in for about 300 miles before I visit the dyno.
          /Ingvar

Comment

Very Cool. I wish my new builds started up that fast. Are you using 24v to spin it?
            Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15 View Post
              Very Cool. I wish my new builds started up that fast. Are you using 24v to spin it?
              No, I'm using 12v. I bought a Odyssey PC545 battery and fresh up my starter. No problem to start, spins just fine.

/Ingvar

Comment

A picture taken recently of IngvarB on his way to work with his new 1428

Sorry I couldn't help it

Very nice work for a daily commuter

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

Sorry I couldn't help it

Jim
                  With all that displacement, and associated in increases in torque, think of all the money he'll save on front tires! Maybe the world's fastest motorized unicycle?

Comment

Ingvar that is one bad assed ES... I love that model, I own one too, though mine is not as built as yours, but I am planning the suspension upgrades like youve done though!! VERY VERY NICE!!

Comment

are those front forks stock? except for the color. howd they fit the wheel and discs?

Comment

Originally posted by newGS300Lowner View Post
                        are those front forks stock? except for the color. howd they fit the wheel and discs?
                        No i dont think they are...look to be first gen GSXR (86-88) or later on Katana stuff (not the REAL Kats, the later ones) front wheel too, and rear. Will fit in the stock swingarm. Easy mods if you get all the pieces together first and get them from the same bike.. Looks stockish, brakes are better, and RADIAL tires

Comment

ah thanks for clarifying that for me!

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

Sorry I couldn't help it

Jim
                            Yeah, that’s what it looks like even with my longer swing arm. On your "slightly" modified picture the bike was fitted with a GSXR 750 -91 swing arm. This year I use a GSXR 1100 -91 arm which is 6 cm longer. Yesterdays test ride shows it was easy to make power wheelies on second gear.

/Ingvar

Comment

Originally posted by newGS300Lowner View Post
                              The front fork is from a GSXR 750 -89. This is actually a very nice fork. This is the only year they looked conventional but was fully adjustable cartridge forks. -90 all forks went "upside down".
                              The front wheel is from a FZR 1000 and the rotors are tailor made by ISR with a different offset to fit the combination.

/Ingvar

Comment

Working...
                              X