brake upgraded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake upgraded

new pads, new disc, new brake line and all bled through with DOT 5.1 fluid. i can do stoppies now

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

While i prefer the look of dual discs, getting that kind of performance from a single set-up is impressive.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      While i prefer the look of dual discs, getting that kind of performance from a single set-up is impressive.
      cant believe the difference, old disc was quite worn and new fluid helps
      1978 GS1085.

Comment

Nice job,I wouldn't mind seeing the whole bike again.

1978 GS1000C
        1979 GS1000E
        1980 GS1000E
        2004 Roadstar

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          cant believe the difference, old disc was quite worn and new fluid helps
          Agemax brother, I gotta tell ya, I have been drooling over your bike since i joined this place. Its damn sexy. Wouldnt hurt my feelings to see more of it. Like maybe OUTSIDE for a change :P I only ever see it sitting indoors

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            Agemax brother, I gotta tell ya, I have been drooling over your bike since i joined this place. Its damn sexy. Wouldnt hurt my feelings to see more of it. Like maybe OUTSIDE for a change :P I only ever see it sitting indoors
            never carry a camera with me. mate got killed by a camera puncturing his heart.plus i dont ride it that often, its just a toy really
            Last edited by Agemax; 04-07-2010, 04:18 PM.
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

How much did this run you? I am interested in doing something like this with my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by thijones View Post
                How much did this run you? I am interested in doing something like this with my bike.
                £80 for the disk,£30 for the brake line, £30 for the pads. the bracket and spacers i made myself for the kawasaki zzr900 caliper
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

new rear disc and brake line to match the front. yes indoor pic again, my living room is my garage!!!!!!!!!!!!

1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    I have to agree with TCK your bike is really nice. I hope you have abandoned the notion of gettin gid of it. Keep up the great job on the GS. It's at the top of the great bikes I've seen here.

Charlie G
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                      I have to agree with TCK your bike is really nice. I hope you have abandoned the notion of gettin gid of it. Keep up the great job on the GS. It's at the top of the great bikes I've seen here.

Charlie G
                      thanks charlie, yes i plan on keeping it now, at least for a while anyway
                      1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
                      X