Velocity stack covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velocity stack covers

I have a set of velocity stacks that were on my smoothbores. They have a filter that goes over them - a wire mesh then a coarse foam over the top - and the foam is missing in a few spots. Does anyone know where I can get replacement filters like these? They're like rubber washers that fit over the end of the velocity stack with the mesh inside them....

Thanks,
    Nick

Do you know where the missing pieces of foam are? In your engine! I run velocity stacks on my ES and it will suck the metal mesh in. I do not know where you could find replacements... sorry
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

I know they got sucked in I'd rather keep as much dirt and debris out as possible though... i guess the foam isn't good either

Comment

your stacks are only for looks and probably hurts your performance.
        i say this because ive had the screen/foam/rubber band types and they was not stepped at the carb throat to help air flow.
        just a looks thing.
        maybe time for a nice set of filters?

Comment

I have k&N pods on it now. What do you mean by stepped at the end? Do you mean so that they fit inside the carb throat rather than around the outside (which leaves a lip where the carb throat is)?

The stacks are about 3 inches long and flair out a bit just at the end and clamp around the outside of the carb. The filter/mesh part is connected to a rubber u ring that goes around the outside of the stack - effectively holding it on.

Are these a gimmick?

Thanks,
          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholaschase29 View Post
            I have k&N pods on it now. What do you mean by stepped at the end? Do you mean so that they fit inside the carb throat rather than around the outside (which leaves a lip where the carb throat is)?

The stacks are about 3 inches long and flair out a bit just at the end and clamp around the outside of the carb. The filter/mesh part is connected to a rubber u ring that goes around the outside of the stack - effectively holding it on.

Are these a gimmick?

Thanks,
            Nick
            yes sir,
            looks only.
            the set i had was black and maybe 3-4 inches long.
            of course the flared part is for the rubber band to hold the thin foam and window screen to the stack.

the stepped part of a performance stack is on the inside where it meets the carb throat.
            Last edited by blowerbike; 05-19-2010, 12:17 AM. Reason: uhuh

Comment

I agree that proper filters should be used.
              Stacks are just a bad idea and do their part to wear out the motor.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholaschase29 View Post
                I have a set of velocity stacks that were on my smoothbores. They have a filter that goes over them - a wire mesh then a coarse foam over the top - and the foam is missing in a few spots. Does anyone know where I can get replacement filters like these? They're like rubber washers that fit over the end of the velocity stack with the mesh inside them....

Thanks,
                Nick
                Cir Cycle used to make them. Don't know if they still do.
                1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by srsupertrap View Post
                  Cir Cycle used to make them. Don't know if they still do.
                  that is the company from years ago!!!!!!
                  everything shrink wrapped to cardboard.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                    that is the company from years ago!!!!!!
                    everything shrink wrapped to cardboard.
                    Looks like some parts are still floating around on EBay

1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                    Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Working...
                    X