First Gen GSXR1100 Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the bars suit me to a T.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by ukilme View Post
      Cool, someone else in the Ottawa area with a long term project.

What gsxr is it from 750 or 1100?
      I'm not sure which, but I think the 1100. According to the oldskool site, they are both some of the longest forks available, and only 5mm different in length one to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
        And the bars suit me to a T.
        Very nice! I hope I can get mine looking that clean. This is the first time I have done mods to anything, so I'm sure it will be a snail's pace compared to a lot of other guy's projects.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
          I like these better myself.

It does look nice and the shot of the top of the triples looks good too.

But I prefer the slightly more muscular look of the USD's. Like in the photo in the post below)

IMO the V Rod light would look better in silver or chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger P. View Post
            I'm not sure which, but I think the 1100. According to the oldskool site, they are both some of the longest forks available, and only 5mm different in length one to the other.
            Cool, the 1100 forks are longer but the clip-ons are above the upper tree and you lose the advantage of the length as per Katman. But zx9r clip ons will fit under the tree and you get the length back.

Anyways, let me know if you need help or something. I am in Barhaven.

Comment

good move on the 1991 bits,
              Last year i had the '91 GSXR1100 fork on my bike.
              But on side had the chrome underplating was showing off and i found a set of '94 GSXR1100 forks locally.These are longer by a good inche over the 1991.I can give mesurement if you want.
              And they bolt with no modification in the 1991 triple clamp.
              And you can fit a 5.5 in the stock 1100e swigarm, this is what i run.
              you can check pics in my gs1000 albums on my profile.
              GS1000=last year and GS1000 continued=this year.
              Marc
              AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
              1978 GS1000C X2
              1978 GS1000E X2
              1979 GS1000S
              1979 gs1000
              1983 gs400e

Comment

The gauge work too.
                I have white face and grey face GSXR speedo- tach just PM me for pic or price.
                Marc
                1978 GS1000C X2
                1978 GS1000E X2
                1979 GS1000S
                1979 gs1000
                1983 gs400e

Comment

gsxr

So it looks like the 94 gsxr frontend has good extra length and the one to look for when doing the conversion. Does it come with 6 pot pistons for the brakes aswell? Going to be looking for the parts soon and I really like your (kochic) bike like I said before.

Comment

Thank you Mr bugz,
                    They come with the 6 pots stock.But you can fit the old slingshot 4 pots.
                    Marc
                    1978 GS1000C X2
                    1978 GS1000E X2
                    1979 GS1000S
                    1979 gs1000
                    1983 gs400e

Comment

Fork upgrade useful data

Hi all. I have found a link to an oldskoolperformance.com thread that MrFluffy has set up a list of very useful fork, wheel,brake, triple clamp data that some of you I'm sure will find value in.

Please click the link to view.

Comment

Hey guys, im reading all of this stuff here and had a couple questions. Im looking at a 86-87 gsxr triple tree and steering stem and was wondering if that would fit my 83 GS750E. Also I found some forks for a 93 gsxr, would you happen to know if they will fit in the triple tree mentioned above? If not would EXACTLY do I need to switch the front end? Thanks in advance. Sorry if I hijacked the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by smarzinski View Post
                          Hey guys, im reading all of this stuff here and had a couple questions. Im looking at a 86-87 gsxr triple tree and steering stem and was wondering if that would fit my 83 GS750E. Also I found some forks for a 93 gsxr, would you happen to know if they will fit in the triple tree mentioned above? If not would EXACTLY do I need to switch the front end? Thanks in advance. Sorry if I hijacked the thread!
                          '93 forks are inverted and way too big for the first generation triples. It's best to get all the components from the same range of years they were used. That said, I'm using a Honda CBR954RR triple set, '95 GSXR forks, '89 front wheel and brakes. I'm using my old '88 GSXR axle with the '95 forks. Your bike is basically the same as mine.

Here's a shot of it.

Comment

Decide what wheels and forks you want and as Billy says find as much complete as you can. Mix and match if you need a long term hobby or a have a nice machine shop

Comment

I had a gsx600f Katana front fork assy and rear wheel on mine, here are some pics.I still have the upper and lower tripple trees. I'd probably let you have them for the cost to ship them to you.
                              Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Those forks in the pic are from A GSX600F? Will the GSXR750 forks fit in your triple trees? Thanks
                                Last edited by Guest; 07-28-2010, 04:50 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

Working...
                                X