No announcement yet.

First Gen GSXR1100 Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they are 41mm tubes i'm sure they would. '86-'87 750's were 41.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Would something like this work? Sorry for all the questions everyone, I am just excited to do this! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Guest; 07-28-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smarzinski View Post
        Would something like this work? Sorry for all the questions everyone, I am just excited to do this! Your help is greatly appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
        Those would work great. I had an '88 set on my bike and they made a huge difference in handling. Those are 43mm with adjustments for preload and both compression and rebound damping. Magazines raved about them back in the day proclaiming them to be the most sophisticated used on a street bike at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
          Those would work great. I had an '88 set on my bike and they made a huge difference in handling. Those are 43mm with adjustments for preload and both compression and rebound damping. Magazines raved about them back in the day proclaiming them to be the most sophisticated used on a street bike at that time.
          I was eyeballing them on my watch list and I dont even need any. It even works with a 17x3.5" front which would go nicely with even a 18x4.5"

Man do I have will power noty sniping that set of forks; does this mean I'm on the way to recovery?

Probably not.
          Last edited by posplayr; 07-28-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            I was eyeballing them on my watch list and I dont even need any. It even works with a 17x3.5" front which would go nicely with even a 18x4.5"
            Looks like they might go cheap if everyone here doesn't start bidding.

Comment

I hope so! Im running outta money!

Comment

Okay, who got the front end? It was a steal for whoever picked it up, even with shipping.

Comment

I got it. 51 Bucks plus shipping.

Comment

I got it. 51 Bucks plus shipping.
                    You done good. With that front end and a set of wheels with radials your bike will be transformed.

Comment

BTW, I have a set of brackets that will allow you to use your stock gauges with the new forks. If you plan on using the stockers let me know and I'll send the brackets to you, I won't be using them anymore.

Comment

Sorry for the hijack Roger. We can take this to another thread.

Comment

I hope so! Im running outta money!
                          That was a steal;

Comment

Yea Im pretty happy, all the others were going for at least 200 bucks plus shipping.

Comment

Did this last night. Need brakes, clipons, tires, and a headlight mount for the 8" headlight. Rims should be here tomorrow morning. Couldnt have gotten this far if it wasnt for everyones help in here!!! Thanks guys!

Comment

Im having problems locating a rear rotor for my 89 gsxr750 rims. Does anyone have an idea what rotors I can use? I heard I can use them off of a 94-97 rf600 and 900r. also a 98-05 katana 750. I looked at the part numbers and they are different. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I already purchased on of off a 91 katana 750 and it isnt even close. Its a 4 bolt to start. Im so close to finishing this project, this is the only thing holding me back right now. All im missing is tires and brake pads......so close!

Comment

Working...
                                X