No announcement yet.

First Gen GSXR1100 Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use 1986 and up to 2000 gsxr for sure.First gen and 1996 and up use a smaller rotor than the 88-95.You can bolt either to your wheel but you need the correct caliper bracket.You can even use bandit or hayabusa rotor.If you have the bracket for the 1989 stay with the 1998-95 gsxr stuff 750 or 1100.
    Marc
    https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ie_twisted.gif AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ie_twisted.gif
    1978 GS1000C X2
    1978 GS1000E X2
    1979 GS1000S
    1979 gs1000
    1983 gs400e

Comment

Originally posted by smarzinski View Post
      Im having problems locating a rear rotor for my 89 gsxr750 rims. Does anyone have an idea what rotors I can use? I heard I can use them off of a 94-97 rf600 and 900r. also a 98-05 katana 750. I looked at the part numbers and they are different. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I already purchased on of off a 91 katana 750 and it isnt even close. Its a 4 bolt to start. Im so close to finishing this project, this is the only thing holding me back right now. All im missing is tires and brake pads......so close!
      easiest way is to go to the EBC website and find your applications then search for all occurances of the particular rotor you need. Then head off to ebay searching all those models. The 89 rotors were on a bunch on models.

Comment

I found a few that will fit. Back to ebay I go. Thanks for your help!

Comment

So I have rims from a 89 gsxr750 and im using the stock rear axle. I bought a gsxr750 rear caliper mount and a katana 600 caliper. My question is, the caliper mount axle hole is bigger then my axle, what have you guys done to make this work? Im at a loss here.

Comment

So I have rims from a 89 gsxr750 and im using the stock rear axle. I bought a gsxr750 rear caliper mount and a katana 600 caliper. My question is, the caliper mount axle hole is bigger then my axle, what have you guys done to make this work? Im at a loss here.
            what axle off what bike? what size axle. sounds like you are mixing different years. It is possible to swap out bearings in wheels but sounds like youtr brake arm uses a different axle than the 89 750 wheel you have.

Comment

axle is from my 83 gs750e. everything seems to fit its just the fact that that the caliper mount axle hole is to big. If Im not mistaken the gsxr750 had a 20mm axle and my 750e axle is 17mm. I have swapped the axle bearings already so I didnt have to mill out the swingarm to fit the 20mm axle. the rotor I have is from a bandit 1200 which according to ebc is the exact same size as the stock gsxr750 rotor. Do i need to use a different mount? Thanks, Josh
              Last edited by Guest; 09-03-2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

axle is from my 83 gs750e. everything seems to fit its just the fact that that the caliper mount axle hole is to big. If Im not mistaken the gsxr750 had a 20mm axle and my 750e axle is 17mm. I have swapped the axle bearings already so I didnt have to mill out the swingarm to fit the 20mm axle. the rotor I have is from a bandit 1200 which according to ebc is the exact same size as the stock gsxr750 rotor. Do i need to use a different mount? Thanks, Josh
                sorry to say but milling the swing arm might have been the easiest solution. a 20mm brake arm is not going to fit a 17mm axle.

Comment

and another thing you are seriously jakking this thread. You should start another

Comment

Working...
                  X