New Oil Cooler Adapter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Oil Cooler Adapter!

OK, I've finally finished the MK2 oil cooler adapter complete with oil pressure switch. All I have to do now is fit the cooler, and wait for some warm weather............

The old pics are still on top, so you'll have to scroll down to see the new ones. :twisted:

Have you considered making a few of them?? How much $$$ ???

Comment

oil coolers

looking good terry. just bidding on a couple of lockharts might need some of these
      ozman

Comment

An excellent job! The oil pressure switch on mine goes off to the side where your out takeoff is, and the takeoff goes up. In some ways yours looks neater!

Comment

You do excellent work. It's easy to see that a lot of thought went into that design. True craftmanship!

Comment

Thanks Guys, glad you all like it. Yes I'm happy to make a few more, there's a fair amount of time involved as the adapters start off as a 100x40x60mm block of billet 6061 T6 aluminium and I don't have a "power feed" on my mill, so there's a lot of winding involved.

The last list price I could find for the Earls ED30 adapter was $150.00 US, but I reckon I could do it comfortably for half of that including airmail shipping from here in Melbourne Australia. I'd be happy to trade them also, if you have any interesting after market GS Suzuki or Honda CB750 (single cam "K" series, my other obsession) performance accessories, tools etc?

Comment

I have just received my adaptor from Terry, and can tell you that it is a superb bit of engineering, and a bargain at the price. The finish is totally professional and it comes supplied with fittings, o-ring and gasket.
              I haven't functionally tested it yet, but as it is "very similar" to a known design (Earls) then I expect it to work fine.
              Highly recommended.

Comment

coolers

terry i seem to have lost the email with your number send it in a email i will ring.leon has received 1 of the lockharts i brought on evil bay the other should arrive shortly i expect them here in a couple of weeks cheers ozman

Comment

Mine's on order

Comment

Thanks Guys, well while I was working on Lynn's (it's finished mate) I thought about Chris D's cooler adapter, he had a good idea about having the return line closer to the centre of the oil "bath" between the gear box and the cylinder base, presumably to provide a more even oil supply, so I took his advice, and have now come up with the MK3 version of the "Telcool" as Martin (Brit 7/11) has named it, and moved the return fitting closer to the centre.

This also gave me room at the rear for either an alternative return line fitting, or the original Suzuki oil temp probe. Have a look at the pics, you'll have to struggle through the previous MK1 and MK2 models, but from pic 16 on you'll see what I've been doing this weekend.

Here in Melbourne, Australia, Spring has sprung, the weather is improving, it was real nice out in the 'shop today with the windows and doors open for the first time in months, almost got rid of the stale cigarette smell. Lynn, I'll get it in the mail on Tuesday. :twisted:

Steve, my mobile number is 0409 425 399 or work 03 5735 6060 8)

Comment

Working...
                    X