Weisco Piston Kit 13.5-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weisco Piston Kit 13.5-1

Has anybody installed the 1166 cc Weisco Piston Kit with 13.5-1 compression. At 450 dollars I just can't pass it up. Their web site states drag racing only due to high compression and a overbore of 3 mm. That's AOK with me.

RacingJake's
    GS1100E Gas Attack Suzuki
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

As long as you only want to race it, why not? This also means you will need to do a lot of other mods to the engine to get the performance that these pistons can produce. All you need is $$.

Comment

Don't forget that you will be needing Hi-Octane Race Gas, and possibly a hi-torque starter also, I went with 10.5:1 1166 kit because I still run on the street and don't carry an extra gas can

Comment

Don't forget that you will be needing Hi-Octane Race Gas,
        Yep, no doubt. You can get 108 octane at one station that I know of. It's pretty pricey at over $4 a gallon. If you build this one - forget the street - it's not a street/strip combo.

Comment

Originally posted by daveo
          Don't forget that you will be needing Hi-Octane Race Gas, and possibly a hi-torque starter also, I went with 10.5:1 1166 kit because I still run on the street and don't carry an extra gas can
          Dave i made the same decision as you for the same reasons. I seem to recall that about 3 years back i read that the pro stocker that Angela was running also had 10.25/1 pistons in it. But not at the present. I cant prove that and it doesnt make scence to me. I always asumed that i read something incorrectly. :? :?

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
            Dave i made the same decision as you for the same reasons. I seem to recall that about 3 years back i read that the pro stocker that Angela was running also had 10.25/1 pistons in it. But not at the present. I cant prove that and it doesnt make scence to me. I always asumed that i read something incorrectly. :? :?
            no telling what was done to the head though!!!

Comment

no telling what was done to the head though!!!
              Exactly - Let's just say it wasn't left as stock. Most of the power is developed in the flow. Of course, a lot of money can be invested here.

Comment

Working...
              X