Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS850GLX - Dual Output Dyna Coils

My Suzuki is a 1981 GS850GLX.

I purchased the Dyna Dual Output 3.0 Ohm Coils (pair) DC1-1, Dyna Ignition Wires 7mm copper core (black) DYDW200, and NGK Resistor Plug Caps. Mounting worked out well with small L brackets to the OEM mounting brackets. The two socket like holes where the coil wires plug into each of the coils face towards the front of bike, as Dyna instructs. I clipped the OEM wiring clips and attached the wires to each coil with like polarity (wire color codes) to each coil.

The OEM left side coil fires cylinders 1 & 4, and the OEM right side coil fires cylinders 2 and 3. The cylinders are from left to right 1, 2, 3, 4. The firing order is 1, 2, 4, 3.

My questions regard the ignition wires from the left and right dual output Dyna Coils to the cylinder plugs. Each Dyna Coil has dual outputs, and facing towards front of bike, one output is forward of the second output on each dual output coil.

First Question:

The left side coil fires cylinders 1 & 4. On the left side Dyna coil, which output (forward output, or rearward output) is wired to cylinder 1, and which output (forward output, or rearward output) is wired to cylinder 4?

Second Question:

The right side coil fires cylinders 2 & 3. On the right side Dyna coil, which output (forward output, or rearward output) is wired to cylinder 2, and which output (forward output, or rearward output) is wired to cylinder 3?

Please Help Me!!!

Answers to questions: (this will apply to both of your identical posts)

It does not matter which output is connected to which spark plug. They both fire at the same time.

As long as both wires from the left coil go to 1 & 4, and both wires from the right coil go to 2 & 3, you will be fine.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
    X