77 GS 750 Superbike Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 GS 750 Superbike Project

Hi everybody, i'm a brand new member and posted my first post in the Owners category.... hope that was the right place. I just got a great deal on a gently used 77 GS750B w/ only 21,000 miles. It is in great shape and runs good. I have always wanted a late 70's era superbike replica ala Wes Cooley. I would like to get a 4 into 1 header but the only one available is a Mac all chrome system. I saw their black 4 into 1 with an aluminum caniater but it is for 81-83 gs 750's. My question is, will the pipes fit at the cylinders maybe with a little tweaking? I know i will probably have to fab a new mounting tab towards the rear. The bid conxcern is , will the pipes fit the cylinders. I hope someone can help me as i really like the look of the black 4 into 1's. Any advice or direction ... thank you in advance. James

if your wanting black exhaust ,just have the mac's powder coated...

Comment

Originally posted by dawgofwar71 View Post
      if your wanting black exhaust ,just have the mac's powder coated...
      I don't think powdercoat will withstand the heat of the headers. Maybe ceramic coating?

Comment

It can be made to fit. But the pipes made for 16valve bikes will hang lower under the bike. If you're trying to do a superbike recreation ground clearance (or at least the appearance of) is important, so it wouldn't look right.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          It can be made to fit. But the pipes made for 16valve bikes will hang lower under the bike. If you're trying to do a superbike recreation ground clearance (or at least the appearance of) is important, so it wouldn't look right.
          YOUR GAY!!!
          P.S.
          i hope you guys are enjoying yourselves.

Comment

These silicone based powders can withstand prolonged service temp. of up to 1000F. Ideal for applications such as grills, stoves, furnaces and engines.

does your exhaust get that hot!!!

Comment

This pic may be of use...

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I read elsewhere that a guy claims that he fit a 4 into 1 header from a GSX1100 that fit up almost perfectly on his 1977 GS750 at the cylinders with just a bit of modifying at the rear bracket. Anyone ever see or hear of this? It is probably too good to be true.

Comment

i am in the process of fitting a set of header pipes from a Bandit 1200s to my 750 spacing is just about spot on will have to make some spacers to fit in the exhaust ports as the flanges are shorter on the Bandit.

Comment

Working...
                  X