AceWell 2853

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AceWell 2853

new to the forum and soon will have my 1977 GS750 outta the shop and was thinking of updating the speedo an tac. was thinking of doing a AceWell 2853
    was wondering if anyone has every used one of these?
    Last edited by Guest; 09-04-2010, 03:25 PM.

guess no one has!!!

Comment

I don't like the Acewell stuff...used a few of their products, but much prefer the simplicity, and certainly the cost, of a Trailtech Vapor.

Comment

I have an Acewell on another bike, I like it. I know a lot of guys from another forum I frequent who use them often as well and no complaints. TrailTech sells the rectangular style, and likely I'll give that style a try for my GS eventually, get rid of the shoebox of gauges that is on their now. Both are decent gauges for the money, and I would use either.

Only thing I don't like about the Acewell is the oddometer is not programable, i.e. you have to start it at 0miles. I could be wrong, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgofwar71 View Post
          guess no one has!!!
          if you do a search on "Acewell" several links will come up.

Comment

I'm using a KOSO XRSR. I like it but it doesn't display enough info on one screen you have to select with a button plus the tach is digital (numbers) only.

Not tried an acewell or Vapour but for the money I would probably go with one over the Koso if I tried it again.

One thing about the Koso is that the magnetic sensor can use between 1 & 6 magnets. I am using 5 (5 bolt rotor) & the speed sensing & response time is much better than when I used a single magnet bicycle speedo.
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
              One thing about the Koso is that the magnetic sensor can use between 1 & 6 magnets. I am using 5 (5 bolt rotor) & the speed sensing & response time is much better than when I used a single magnet bicycle speedo.
              You can do that with any of them...Koso has the handy feature of doing the math for you, though. I'm running three magnets with my vapor for better response time. You just have to tell your computer that your wheel has 1/3 the circumference.

I do really like that the Koso has the dash lights built into the unit, though.

Comment

Working...
              X