Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COMPARISON (stock/gixxer conversion katana)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMPARISON (stock/gixxer conversion katana)

Thought it might be interesting to post these pics of two kats side by each. One with GSXR conversion the other stock.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

yup i like that
    more detail please what model is the gsxr donor bike etc

Comment

frontend is '92 750, backend bandit 1200 with 89 gsxr wheel 4.5"
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Have to admit, the USD forks and big fat tires just look right on that motorcycle. Like it was supposed to look that way.

Comment

silver one hands down ............perfect blend of old and new .......black one being a great bike and all seems to look a bit weedy and dated

Comment

I really like the look of the modded Kat.

Very nice work, Rob.

But the reduced cornering clearance (particularly left/alternator side) would give me some real heartache...

Comment

Originally posted by ronin1166 View Post

Very nice work, Rob.

But the reduced cornering clearance (particularly left/alternator side) would give me some real heartache...

Don't seem to be having that problem...I have a hole in my shoe now where my baby toe lives.

Last edited by katman; 09-14-2010, 04:39 PM.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by ronin1166 View Post

Very nice work, Rob.

For some reason, and it may just be me, I don't think you have to lean a bike on radials as far as you do a bike running bias plies. I've had guys ride with me that will have their bias plies scuffed all the way to the edge and I'll still be showing 3/4" of chicken strips riding the same pace. I know alot of that is tire profile but the bike is nowhere near the limit like the guys on bias plies.

BTW Rob, extremely nice work without going overboard. Just the right blend of form and function. The lower stance definitely improves the look of the bike.
                Last edited by Guest; 09-14-2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Rob, does the extended swingarm have a big difference on the handling in the curves? 2 or 3 inches over?
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    Rob, does the extended swingarm have a big difference on the handling in the curves? 2 or 3 inches over?
                    I ran 4.5" over from stock GS. It greatly effects handling yes. 3"-4" over is still ok for me. These bikes aren't going to hang with new bikes anyway all things being equal. I do find however that many new bike owners can't hang with me even with there hi-tech machines.
                    So you know what??? don't listen to the trash talk

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

The tires on the silver '82 with the ohlins are dunlop d220s.... not a fan....don't like the profile, don't like the sliding around.

Next are corsa III
                      Last edited by katman; 09-15-2010, 12:22 AM.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X