No announcement yet.

for GS550 owners only (80-82)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was younger one of the guys I rode with regularly had that bike. I forgot about the MZ designation. Thx for jarring my rememberer

Oh, tuned up right that thing will smoke most 650cc bikes of the same year and genre.

Comment

I just wanted to say that I love my 77gs550..... 8)

Comment

I have been working on some sketches of what I would like to do with the bike. I want to make changes that will smooth out the lines and make the bike stand out, without compromising the original styling.

Here is one of my first simple sketches. I also have sketches with a smaller headlight fairing, but I think I like the larger one. I am finishing the frame and swing-arm design modifications, before finishing the remainder of the sketches. I will post them for your securitization as I get them done. It might be a while because I still have a lot to learn about swing arm design, options, materials etc?

I have been looking around at a lot of different headlight fairings, but haven?t seen anything that was really what I wanted. I decided to build my own out of a fiberglass composite. Since I will be building that, I figured I might as well build a rear fender/tire hugger, under-seat body peice, and a modified side panel.

Comment

Working...
        X