All-Balls fork swap stem bearing guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All-Balls fork swap stem bearing guide

All Balls has a cool little tool on their web site..
    The fork conversion search.

plug in your bike and it comes back with a list of possible donor bikes and what bearing you need to fit the stem in your bike..

It does not account for stem length so all donors listed are not guaranteed to work..

Ill be using the guide not those bearings. Where i work and the next bike shop to us have ditched those bearing in favour of another brand. Did bearing replacements in various bike with crap results using allballs bearings and they felt the same as when we starteed. Even did it twice in a Hayasbusa but as soon as we did a swap with other brand was perfect. Just be warned. Both shops changed there complete supply. Check today and see what we use now. Thanks

Comment

Huh, I've never heard of problems or dissatisfaction with the AllBalls kits. A couple of vintage Honda forums I frequent are filled with success stories, including my own successful swap on my old '78 CB750K.

I'm referring to swapping out the OEM individual balls type of steering bearings for tapered roller type of bearings.

Interesting...

Kirk

Comment

Originally posted by kirkn View Post
        Huh, I've never heard of problems or dissatisfaction with the AllBalls kits. A couple of vintage Honda forums I frequent are filled with success stories, including my own successful swap on my old '78 CB750K.

I'm referring to swapping out the OEM individual balls type of steering bearings for tapered roller type of bearings.

Interesting...

Kirk
        Yes thats the ones. Just stating my experance thats all. If anyone else hasnt a problem thats fine. Both are made in japan and ill have a look on monday what the writing is on the actual race.

Comment

I run all balls bearings in ALL my bikes. Their bearings are top notch.
          1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

I've got allballs on my fork, they are great.

Comment

cool link, thanks for it...also they are located about 10miles from my house hope they sell direct and not only through dealers.

Comment

Just bought some AllBalls bearings for my wheels.

It says "made in china" on the back of the package, lol.
                (going by the internet picture they had.)

But I've run them in other application, never had any problems!

Comment

sweet thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X