rev limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rev limiter

Just want to get an inexpensive rev limiter, every once in awhile when I'm really gettin' on it I miss a shift, and I just hate to see the tach shoot up to 10 or more, can anyone make any recommendations? Dyna is about $80, but do I need to get that nice of a product, or does anyone make anything a little simpler?

You could try and make your own. National makes an old F to V convertor. This with a comparitor and a few other parts should be crude but functional for saving the engine. Maybe $20 or so in parts to build.

Comment

Yes, you could do it with a f-v converter and comparators and a few other parts.

Another way would be to go strictly digital and use counters and digital comparators. Use a sampling period sufficiently small so that you get an essentially instantaneous RPM measurement.

I think the digital implementation would have more repeatable results, but either should work.

Comment

Dyna (www.dynaonline.com) sells one. its probably your best bet.

~Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
          ...digital...
          I like that word, digital. It sounds so high tech!! 8)

Maybe you could design one and offer them to the group for some small amount of $$$. Add the two-step feature and Jake may buy one as well.

Comment

Working...
          X