Dyna S in my '79 850G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna S in my '79 850G

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Dyna S this week from Z1. I held it till this morning in case any issues came up that took time to solve.

The ignition is now installed. Took about 20 minutes total for the actual install. Very easy and it fired right up.

From just eyeballing the timing when I put the plate in I was only about 5 degrees retarded. I didn't bother with the static timing because it wasn't needed. Now it's dead nuts on both sets of cylinders and much smoother.

I can tune and maintain points but this is so easy to install that I really wish I had done it a long time ago.

Chris

Yes, yes, and YES!
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Bike shops

Originally posted by resjudicata View Post
      Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Dyna S this week from Z1. I held it till this morning in case any issues came up that took time to solve.

The ignition is now installed. Took about 20 minutes total for the actual install. Very easy and it fired right up.

From just eyeballing the timing when I put the plate in I was only about 5 degrees retarded. I didn't bother with the static timing because it wasn't needed. Now it's dead nuts on both sets of cylinders and much smoother.

I can tune and maintain points but this is so easy to install that I really wish I had done it a long time ago.

Chris
      When i had my Gs1000s engine rebuilt,it took 4 differrant so called bike mechanics to sort
      my DynaS out,all they wanted was loads of money off me.
      if with Dyna instructions couldnt figure it out.
      but its sorted now.

Comment

Working...
      X