Are stock GS1100s exh ports D-ported ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are stock GS1100s exh ports D-ported ?

[When I bought this bike the owner said it had a Yoshimura head on it but I figued BS. Now I find this, are the stock G1100S heads D-ported ? Does this look like it might be Yoshimura head from what you can see. Sorry I screwed up & got the one pic too big. The head has the capital letters P & another P underneath it and the initials C L in hand writing scribed underneath it on the right side of the head if that helps
    Last edited by Guest; 10-20-2010, 02:47 PM. Reason: major screw ups

Last of the 1100 16 valve engine where d-shape but not sure what models. A 83 GS1100gk head has them also. The writing mite be just some engine tuner claiming as his when he done the port work.

Comment

here is a relatively aggressive 1100E 16V street port (certainly in comparison to what is normally called "mild porting"). Head was cut for 28mm (1150) intake and stock exhaust.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

You can also PM Terry for his opinion on how much work was done.

One think you will note is Terry completely cut down the valve guides from the runners. Even after the porting there is a pronounced D on the exhaust side.
      Last edited by posplayr; 10-20-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I guess if it wasnt full of carbon it would show up better but I see what you mean. I havent taken the head off yet to see the motor size & the rest of the head. Frankly I was surprised to see any work had been done on it. I was just curious about the D-port deal being stock or not. This head could be 27 year old technology work too. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
          I guess if it wasnt full of carbon it would show up better but I see what you mean. I havent taken the head off yet to see the motor size & the rest of the head. Frankly I was surprised to see any work had been done on it. I was just curious about the D-port deal being stock or not. This head could be 27 year old technology work too. Thanks for looking.
          I'm not exactly sure (and you should check or wait for someone else to respond) but that if that floor on the exhaust side is removed the bike will run like $hit if at all.

Comment

The big mod on a normal head is to put that d-shape on the floor to aid flow. Where is rapid when you need him. All i know its a way better setup. Honda CB1100's around the early 80's had the setup aswell.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-20-2010, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Yes, the "D" port on the exhaust is stock shape. Ray.

Comment

heres a better shot of the intake port. Did all years have the D-port or just the later ones ?

Comment

Working...
                X