Huyabusa swingarm on a 1983 GS750E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huyabusa swingarm on a 1983 GS750E?

Anyone know anything about putting a Huyabusa swingarm on a 1983 GS750E? Will it bolt right on, or are there major mods? I don't care about the obvious stuff like brakes, wheels, chain, etc. There is still a lot of good riding to do, and I don't want to tear it apart just to check fitment. I also don't want to waste money on wheels and stuff until I know i can use it.
    Or if anyone knows what "newer' swingarm will bolt up easiest, like maybe CBR or something?

Never heard of anyone switching out the swingarm on this model.... Be very surprised if anything bolts up easy without major frame mods.

What are you trying to achieve? I run a 170 on a 5.5" wheel in the stock swingarm..... with an offset front sprocket & a frame downtube mod (to create some room) you could run a 180.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

You'll probably find it's too wide to fit inside the frame at the pivot point. I was going to use a '93 GSXR banana swingarm on mine until I got a deal on a Works shock. I would have had to either grind on the frame or the swingarm to make it work. The shock linkage would have had to have been reworked too. Most of the newer bikes have the linkage at the bottom of the shock vs the top like on the your bike. Dan, salty monk, and a few others of us are using 4.5" and 5.5" wheels in the stock swingarm. Here's a couple of shots of my bike with updated wheels and suspension. I run a 4.5" wheel in the rear with a 160 width tire.

An older shot with the '88GSXR750 forks.

And a more recent shot with '95 750 forks held in a CBR954RR triple clamp.

Comment

Thanks guys, I think you convinced me to stay with the stock swingarm! By the way the bike looks awesome!

Comment

Even a 160 looks plenty big on one of these.
          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Same shot with the 170

1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Cool, didn't know there were so many of us who don't like the pizza cutter tires. I'll say this, the 5.5" rim I put in is the max that will fit, I have to pry the swingarm open just a tad to get all the spacers and such in, and everything is super close in terms of chain clearance. I didn't space the sprocket out at all though. Did have to shave down the cush drive though.

Comment

Working...
              X