Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inverted fork lengths 1100? 750? or ZX12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inverted fork lengths 1100? 750? or ZX12?

the popular gsxr inverted usd swap for gs1100 katana. I can't find the steering geometry numbers. I know many have done it but I need to know about any high speed instability.

91 gsxr 750 forks on 82 1100 kat.

I can't find the fork length for the gsxr? I think the 750's forks are 1.5 inches shorter.
    any help is appreciated
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

They are at least 2 inches shorter. I cant tell you anything about USD, but after installing old 87 GSXR front end, 17`` wheels and radial tires my bike is 100 x more stable than stock ( in corners too ). I still cant believe a difference.
    The question is if only installing front forks is enough to make it more stable.

Adam M.

Comment

GS USD forks on my 81

I run the 93 USD forks and wheels from a 93 GSXR on my 81 GS1100E. Best mod i ever did to it.

Comment

the 93's seem the be the best forks at 30 inches. I have measured a number of others including 91's and 2's and they are only 29 inches same as the 750's.

So it is important to get the right year of 1100 fork and don't think just because it is an 1100 fork it is the longest.

The ZX12's, new ones, are about 32 33 inches and I believe will accept an older suzuki stem and bolt in. That leaves lots of room to mount the 1100 clipons above the triple and still have plenty of length.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Working...
        X