X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im looking for a nice 4-1

Im looking for a modern looking exhaust for my GS1150
    are there any Gixer units that will fit
    Im a welder and run and own my own metal work shop...
    we have a 10k bending machine.....can I manufacture something of my own
    any Ideas on the dynamics I hae to be aware of

how about using the standard down pipes...making a collector and using a after market CAN,,,,

I just purchased a set of V&H SS2R GSXR pipes for my GS1100E project. Here's what I've found out so far.

The SS2R units use an aluminum insert that is bolted to the head with metal flanges. The head pipe then fits over the inserts and is held in place by springs. Kind of a neat setup.

Problem #1 - The bolt spacing for the flanges is different for a '92 GSXR 1100 and my '80 GS1100. This means I need to fabricate some new flanges that will fit.

Problem #2 - The aluminum inserts are too shallow to fit properly into the GS1100 head. They need to be a bit longer. I may be able to get around this by stacking 2 exhaust gaskets on each port. I'm not sure how this will work until I get the flanges fabbed and the gaskets installed.

The rest seems to bolt up faily well. One problem you may run into is the fit of the exhaust as it clears the stock footpegs and passenger peg bracket. I don't have this problem now as I'm going with some GSXR rearsets.

I'm not going to give any advise. I just thought you may want to know what I've come across.

Comment

most of the 4into1 pipes here have the bolt on spigot(made in steel) then pipes slip over and held on by springs only one bolt to remove pipes Mega-Cycle and Tingate Racing have used this system since about 1980
      ozman

Comment

Working...
      X