Blow off valve??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blow off valve??

For any of you guys running a turbo system.....I am looking for a blow off valve to use on my intake plenum and looking for some advise.

I see some on ebay but I see them anywhere from $200.00 to $25.00.

Are the $25.00 ones junk or are they good quality??
    example

I am turbo charging a 81 GS1100 blow through with a KKK K03 turbo.

Only looking at running 10-16 PSI but not sure how to size the blow off, or which one are good bad etc.

I need to get one soon so I can start the fab on the plenum.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you a member on Psychobike.com? They're more into high performance stuff. You might get more answers there. Some people will probably let you know here too.

Comment

Pretty cool site I just registered, I will have to check it out in detail.

Thanks!!

Comment

Those cheap blow off valves are basically just gambling. I know that some of them are completely junk, meaning not even functional without major rework. On the other hand some of them work as well as expensive ones. For example I have one like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-T...Q5fAccessories
        and it works perfectly. Though I paid about $60 for it but it was still cheap compared to $200 original one (Greddy type RS).

Problem with these cheap ones is that it's very difficult to determine what you are going to buy. Usually these are copies of brand names produced by numerous Chinese factories. Some are as good as original ones while some just look functional. So identical looking units can have huge difference in quality. So you have to just take your change or try to find a reseller with good reputation.

For sizing pretty much anything works in your application.
        Arttu
        GS1100E EFI turbo
        Project thread

Comment

Originally posted by ArttuH View Post
          Those cheap blow off valves are basically just gambling. I know that some of them are completely junk, meaning not even functional without major rework. On the other hand some of them work as well as expensive ones. For example I have one like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-T...Q5fAccessories
          and it works perfectly. Though I paid about $60 for it but it was still cheap compared to $200 original one (Greddy type RS).

Problem with these cheap ones is that it's very difficult to determine what you are going to buy. Usually these are copies of brand names produced by numerous Chinese factories. Some are as good as original ones while some just look functional. So identical looking units can have huge difference in quality. So you have to just take your change or try to find a reseller with good reputation.

For sizing pretty much anything works in your application.
          Okay thanks, thats what I was looking for some one that had tried one and had some results. I will take that into consideration.

Comment

Do not buy any ebay stuff if you want to do it right the first time. there are many companies out there, depending on if you are looking for a particular look, size, sound, etc. I had a turbo'd car I was running a perrin Performance Pull type BOV which would be run as a recirculating or atmospheric type., perrin, along with most companies offer different type of mounting flanges to suit different needs. I would also recommend anything by a company called Greddy, Blitz, Tial makes excellent wastegates, and they make a very compact round bov, Synapse i would only imagine them to make good bov as well,
            I have a perrin performance Signature series BOV I put up for sale on my car forum for $80, Perrin is made in the USA, in oregon actually.

Just don't buy the ebay crap, they don't hold pressure, they don't release the pressure, they make noised that sound like compressor surge. . they are mostly knockoffs of products that are warrantied by companys that spend some $$ on r&d to perfect.
            the blow off valve does not control the boost, are you planning on using an external wastegate or an internal actuator wastegate....

regarding your kkk k03 turbo, its a very common model for the compressor, but there are different versions, some have different boost efficiency levels. I would recommend you contact atp turbo, regarding questions you might have to your exact snail, or if you need different compressor housings, piping, fflanges, rebuilds, I use them when i need a garrett GT series turbo rebuilt.. they know their stuff, http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/ heck you can even get all your bov from them..

where are you located?

here is a link to my sale thread for the bov, not tryng to threadjack, just posting it to show the pics http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/35146...-type-bov.html

I am interested about the plenum you are fabbing. I am thinking about making a t2 flanged turbo mani for my gs550 but don't know a thing about turboing a carb...

i will say ebay intercooler piping is good to get, especially from cxracing,
            Last edited by Guest; 02-04-2011, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X