Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

common swaps, and not so common but not difficult swaps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

common swaps, and not so common but not difficult swaps.

that being said, i am new to this forum, u most can definitely see that in my post count. I am wondering what engine swaps are common for the gs series, I have a 550e, and has anyone on here put say a gsxr EFI motor on theirs, or even a pre efi gsxr motor, i assume even a 600 gsxr motor would have more balls than the engine in my gs550, and a better top end.

I like the high pitch whine of these fours, over the grunt and growl of my duc's vtwin,

I might fab up a turbo mani for my 550, but then i need to fab up some sort of carb intake runner manifold, I have never turbo'd a carberated motor, (yet not even sure i spelled it correctly) I understand i would have to change the jetting to handle the boost, and what nots, but i assume it would be similar to an efi

if you like your 550. get a top end.(cylinder,pistons, and head) from a gs 650. bumps your motor up to a 673cc. direct bolt on. runs real good. if you were to turbo it. it would be a blow threw turbo. and you would have to pressurize the carbs. b.c the added pressure going threw the carbs wouldnt let them work right. i have turboed a 550/673 with parts from a rare 650 yamaha turbo. was alot of work. but decent power increase

Comment

I have heard of 600 gsxr motors in 550's so it is possible. The GSXR motor is smaller makes it possible. Over on OSS I believe.

Comment

the EFI(SRAD and newer) GSXR motor has the cylinders canted forward a bit if memory serves correctly, and probably wont just fit in he frame. leaving you to use the older, crappier L frame engines. sorry I just cant have any love for those beasts. the SRAD I like though.

Comment

Working...
        X