• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't use them. Ray.

Comment

they are 20mm....
      wouldn't fit yours anyways..........

Comment

The pistons were just interesting to me; is that something somewhat common to lighten the pistons?

Looks sketchy to me, they probably work fine though. I don't know how much of a gain you'd get with taking a little bit of weight out of the pistons like that. Then again you do have to accelerate the pistons to and from a dead stop spinning 9000rpm that's 300 times a second per piston...

Comment

Way back when, we used to drill the skirts like that on old Venolia or Arias pistons to help keep more oil under the rings and prevent sticking. Wisecos never required that mod as they were high silicon forgings.

If those pistons are 8 years old, there may no longer be rings available.
          Speed Merchant
          http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Drilled pistons are weak and that can’t be good.
            You can’t win a race if you can’t get to the finish line.

Comment

nice set

I would rather closely inspect them before buying, but I have seen bigger windows in faster revving pistons. ie: 2 stroke case port engines with the ability to rev to 13K rpms. Those had a big window on the intake side.

the fellow spent a lot of time on those little holes for little gain, lighter pistons do equal faster reving. Internal splashing is also increased, the crank has to slosh through the fluid resistance. A windage tray will be necessary to regain the lost power.

those might look "hinky" but it is really a old speed secret to do that.

lighten all the recriprocating mass- but how far do we go ?

I like the notches on the cylinder top for ultra milled heads.

how does one make a suzuki faster?? let me count the ways....
              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
              X