GS650G Superbike bar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650G Superbike bar question

This is driving me crazy, a few weeks back i was able to find the info i needed in the seach but i cant seem to now.
    I got some superbike bars for my GS650G and was wondering what throttle cable size to go to. I found this thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=153562&highlight=gs650+bars which suggests using a katana throttle cable (which i believe is what i remember the other threads saying as well). I was just hoping to order something today and get a confirmation on a definite cable. Thanks guys

GS1000S cable should be the right length... at least the clutch cable are in any case when I changed to Superbike or Daytona's.

Not done it on a 650G but did it on a 1000G.

As a side note I've never needed to change the throttle cables when changing bars & have even managed with stock clutch cable for many miles although it's not ideal....

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I found this thread a while back. Also about Katana cables. I have superbike bars on mine now and the stock cables do work... It's not ideal like Salty said but it'll work until I order the Kat cables.
      This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

Ok guys thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
        X