X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 GS1000 motor mounts

Hey all
    I've been looking /searching for....
    Anyone know of a web sight or private source that sells/makes heavy duty motor mounts for the GS1000E
    Paul

Do heavy duty mounts even exist? I think stock are good for about any amount of power. There steel, no rubber or anything. If anything, you can probably make some thicker ones out of 1/4 plate, but I dont see the need. I see some people make aluminum ones, maybe for less weight?

Comment

http://www.dgchassis.net/Dragbike%20...tor-mount.aspx they will work on your 1000. not needed unless you are making serious power. i have built a few 1640cc 1100's in stock raked and leghtend chassis with stock mounts.

Comment

Thank you
        Paul

Comment

I think you find those brackets are for there own frames. Have a look at the lower engine mounts. Why would there be four 8 mm bolts when only 2 are required. And the rear engine mount not compatable with Suzuki frame and looks like the bolts are thread in to the cases!

Have a look in here, grab a towel, you will get exited...........http://translate.google.com.au/trans...%3Den%26sa%3DG
          Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2011, 08:58 PM.

Comment

there are four 8 mm bolts. because on the bottom mounts there are 2 on each side. that would require four 8 mm bolts.

Comment

The D&G mounts are for stock chassis. The lower mounts work the same as stock with 2 8mm bolts holding the mount to the frame on each side and a 1/2"-13 bolt to go into the case. The rear upper mount only uses one of the frame holes on each side with a 8mm bolt. Then the 1/2-13 bolts go into the cases. The rear lower uses the stock welded on mounts in the frame with 1/2"-13 bolts into the cases. All case mounts get tapped to 1/2"-13 and the lower rear mount holes must be opened to 1/2".

Comment

When I did the Kawi mounts back in the day the threads needed to be tapped to standard not metric.

Comment

Originally posted by gs1428 View Post
                  there are four 8 mm bolts. because on the bottom mounts there are 2 on each side. that would require four 8 mm bolts.
                  On my GS1000 there is a welded bracket on one side (near white rag) and what you decribe on the other.

Comment

What year /model wheels are they

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wog View Post
                      What year /model wheels are they
                      Standard Suzuki spoke hubs with about $1500 added to them. 4.25x18 and 2.50x18 rims
                      Since your new have a look in here more magazine scans, parts fiche and pics.....
                      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2011, 11:40 PM.

Comment

The mount kits that are being sold are for GS1100. Both lower mounts can be removed.

Comment

Working...
                        X