Bandit Motor Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandit Motor Swap

Has anyone swapped out a Bandit motor into an old GS?
    I have a chance to buy a 2005 1200 Bandit motor complete with wiring harness.
    I was wondering how hard it would be to mount in my 1980 gs 1100 or 1978 gs 1000?

Dont bother to much work for NOTHING...Bandit is a plain bearing engine GS is a Roller bearing...Much better

Comment

This guy did something like that http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=132236 .Billions of plain bearing engine out there,can't be all bad.

Comment

"Billions of plain bearing engine out there,can't be all bad."

i agree 100 percent. all busas and gsxr's are plain bearing motors. rev alot more than the gs's and stand up. a plain bearing motor from the factory if takin care of will run for damn near ever. and when someone puts bearings in them and they dont last. there eather done wrong or not broke in proper. thats my opinion anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gs1428 View Post
          "Billions of plain bearing engine out there,can't be all bad."

i agree 100 percent. all busas and gsxr's are plain bearing motors. rev alot more than the gs's and stand up. a plain bearing motor from the factory if takin care of will run for damn near ever. and when someone puts bearings in them and they dont last. there eather done wrong or not broke in proper. thats my opinion anyway.
          I can tell you've never had/raced an 80-82 GS750! Also, Pro Stock GSs turn 14,000 rpm. Try that with a Busa or GSXR/Bandit oil cooled motor & see what happens.

There is a guy on Ebay that sells the conversion mounts to put the oil cooled motor in a GS chassis. I am a GS1100/1150 guy but the Bandit conversion is a good one. LOTS of hot rod parts available for that engine series too! 160-180 hp at the back wheel is not difficult with that engine. Just KNOW that if you do that conversion, your stock suspension & brakes will NOT be adequate!!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
          X