Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR1100 Exhaust fitted to GS1100E

Hello GSR
    I know this is beat up and old post we have gone threw a 100 times, I was able to find an old school BRAND new exhaust for an 86-88 GSXR1100 stainless steel that I was told should fit, it was a gamble but i think it's goning to work $399.00 shipped I could not go wrong no matter what these pipes seem hard to find. I have a guy who is a PRO at stainless welding ..Im thinking of mounting a newer Yoshi Can?I have yet to drill out the exhaust flanges to fit perfect but i have it VEry close . BTW they are spring loaded and thinking I can even get to the oil filter with out removal of the pipes..Anyhow any input would be great ..

Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2011, 08:03 PM.

NICE!!! Why is the clutch cover off the motor I made you? Ray.

Comment

It was leaking has to get the lockup cover spacer milled down a bit,hope this works

Comment

So is the pipe hitting anywhere? Is it clearing the cross brace at the exhaust ports?

Those down tubes look very large OD ; what is the OD?

It looks like you are hitting the oil pan; Are you?

The pipe doesn't look horizontal anyway is it hitting the cross brace then?

What change in belly ground clearance if any?

That other pipes looks like a Yoshi?
        Last edited by posplayr; 02-28-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            So is the pipe hitting anywhere? Is it clearing the cross brace at the exhaust ports?

Those down tubes look very large OD ; what is the OD?

It looks like you are hitting the oil pan; Are you?

The pipe doesn't look horizontal anyway is it hitting the cross brace then?

What change in belly ground clearance if any?

That other pipes looks like a Yoshi?
            Jim Hello ,The pipe is not hitting anywhere but on the oil pan just a hair Gives me an excuse to buy another one of these http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/ca...showprevnext=1
            It would clear very easy with this item,the cross brace is close about 1/8in but will be fine.
            The pipes OD is 40mm.
            From what i can see I lost maybe 1/4 inch in underbelly clearance.I drilled out the flanges last night and had it mounted will take pictures after work..And yes the other pipe is an old Yoshi.

Comment

With the bike upright what's your ground clearance? That looks really low.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                With the bike upright what's your ground clearance? That looks really low.
                The bike is straped down on a bike lift...

Comment

Originally posted by gs1150streetracer View Post
                  Jim Hello ,The pipe is not hitting anywhere but on the oil pan just a hair Gives me an excuse to buy another one of these http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/ca...showprevnext=1
                  It would clear very easy with this item,the cross brace is close about 1/8in but will be fine.
                  The pipes OD is 40mm.
                  From what i can see I lost maybe 1/4 inch in underbelly clearance.I drilled out the flanges last night and had it mounted will take pictures after work..And yes the other pipe is an old Yoshi.
                  Looks like the pics were without the spigots. When they are in that will improve the clearance to the cross brace. My GSXR 1100 1st gen Muzzy 4:1 is close like that but would only need a little trim on the oil pan. I would expect the pipe to want to level up.

Also you gonna try and cut out that inner baffle. I'm not sure what the theory is but otherwise the lengths of the Y's are similar to my Yoshi 4:2:1.

Comment

I found a Yosi Pipe I cut down then after $500 at the local speed shop (Auto Fab in Elkridge Maryland) having them Tig weld and rig a way to hold the exhuast up,.This thing sounds great and like Jim said Mid range is like a different bike.

Comment

looks good, Did you do any rejetting?

With my AFR setup I ended up having to drop my main down from 145 to 137.5 about 3 steps, richen the needle about 3 steps (clip next to the bottom) and drop the pilot jet a level down to 45.0 on the 36mm CV's.

After that the bike got real nice

Comment

Working...
                      X