Wheelie Bar Struts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheelie Bar Struts...

Last year all I saw was sky for the first 3 gears at the dragstrip... This year I am going to try and build struts to go with wheelie bars that I have... The question is how low to go towards the tire. I am probably going to have to modify the existing bars after I have the struts built, but as always, we pinch pennies... I looked at Pingle's site and found just the struts for $325.00...
    Not in my price range... I have a 3 in. extended swingarm so it sound like I have to custom build it all... Any and all ideas are welcome...
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Curt, CALL me!!! Ray.

Comment

left you a msg...thanks
      Curt

Comment

are you going to make it a track only bike?
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

The $325 is for wheelie bars AND struts. Call them, they will sell just struts.

Comment

Thanks for the info... I went back and saw that too.. now to measure and see if I can make them cheaper... Blowerbike gave me a good idea of using rear brake stay rods to start with and modify them... off I go...
            Curt

Comment

i have one pair of matching stays @ a little under 13.50" center to center.
              let me know and i'll throw you a shipped price out there.
              FYI
              the pingle struts with mounts are made for stock length arms.
              an extended arm causes the wheelie bar mounts to be WAY OFF and needs remounted from scratch.

Comment

Thanks Terry, I will try and measure what I need this weekend and let you know... appreciate the help...
                Curt

Comment

Working...
                X