Looks like I'll be doing suspension upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I'll be doing suspension upgrades

Bought for a song, this 95 GSX-R 750 to be used as a donor bike for upgrades to my 84 Kan-o-tuna.

Details to follow.

Any suggestions or input is appreciated, eh?

Linky-link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

And hey look at that, my 1000th post!!
    Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2011, 09:32 PM.

Congrats, on both counts. What a score, for $100.
    '82 GS1100E

Comment

Put the motor in your bike along with the suspension.

Comment

Nice, you stole it!! I'm in the same boat as you with my 82 kat, bought a complete 93 GSXR for the suspension.

I just did some looking tonight at the swingarm from a 93 on my Katana. Not gona work...

The brake stay from that swingarm will be welded to a bandit 1200 swingarm though. Lots of good parts there!!

Your gona be really short on ground clearance though

Heres a link

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Comment

Thanks bluenoser, but these parts will be going on my 84, not the 82. The 84 is essentially a GS700 with Katana clothing.
          16" front wheel, so fork length shouldn't be too much of an issue.

And yes, I did practically steal it! Hopefully the seller will let it go at that price.....

Comment

$100 for basically a "roller" is pretty fair. I've bought complete running examples that were just a few nuts and bolts away from being street worthy for under $500.

Those forks are long enough to not give too much issue with clearance.

Comment

Due to some unforseen circumstances on both mine and the sellers part, I won't be buying this motorcycle. Seller was cool, no bad feedback or anything so I'm grateful for that. Guy was understanding; he had some issues he had no control over either so we both walk away none the worse for the wear.
              Too bad; I wanted to do the conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
                Due to some unforseen circumstances on both mine and the sellers part, I won't be buying this motorcycle. Seller was cool, no bad feedback or anything so I'm grateful for that. Guy was understanding; he had some issues he had no control over either so we both walk away none the worse for the wear.
                Too bad; I wanted to do the conversion.
                ug, that sucks.

Comment

Too bad. That was a steal.

Comment

Working...
                  X