1st thread ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st thread ?????

Hello all this is my first day on the sight.I bought a 85 gs1150e last winter and i need some teck help.1st this is a street bike but i want to run it at the track about 5 times a year.what should i run for gearing the stock is 15 front 42 rear also looking for a 4 into 1 exhaust found a vanes and hines 1983 on ebay i hope this will fit my bike because this is the only one i could find.The last thing is what should i run for jets on the dynojet kit stage 1 or 3. thanx joe

Joe, the 1100 pipe WILL bolt on but the rear hanger bracket won't line up correctly. You will need to fab a bracket for that. I can sell you adjustable needles to save you about 1/2 the cost of a jet kit. I build, race, & tune these 1100s & 1150s & will be glad to help you or answer any questions. You can call me at 714--356-7845 & I will help you out. Welcome to the site, Ray

Comment

ray

thanx ray i will call you tomorrow.

Comment

you might want to re-think your plan.

run it like it is at the track.

Hi performance Tech advise!? if you need a lot of it, the heart aching has only begun....

your bike will LOVE 14/49 in the quarter.

pipe, jet kit, and sprockets should be on hold until you correct all the usual problematic issues these 1100/1150s' have in stock form...

cam chain tensioner , starter clutch , electrical systems, Drive clutch basket, -- just to mention for starters before you go and stomp it's guts out.

welcome to GSR, Be smart about what you do to your bike. If you boost power and the old stock cam chain tensioner folds up at 9000 RPM as you shift into 3rd gear = KA-BOOM!!! and WHEN it does -- not IF it does-- we'll all be here to help.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

ray

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Joe, the 1100 pipe WILL bolt on but the rear hanger bracket won't line up correctly. You will need to fab a bracket for that. I can sell you adjustable needles to save you about 1/2 the cost of a jet kit. I build, race, & tune these 1100s & 1150s & will be glad to help you or answer any questions. You can call me at 714--356-7845 & I will help you out. Welcome to the site, Ray
          thanx for talking to me ray i will take the adjustable needles that you talked about send me a pm on your paypal account so i can send you money.I will call you monday

Comment

jc,
            what area of the country are you in?

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. JC3569,

For some of your more mundane maintenance needs, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
              X