Katana/GS750E Frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katana/GS750E Frame?

Anyone know if the Katana frame is the same as the 750E frame for 83's? Specifically the pivot point for the swingarm.

Do you mean the same as the 84-85 Katana 750?

If you mean the pre 84 than no.

Comment

Any of them. Just wondering if any of the Katanas shared a frame with the 83 gs750e, or if the swing arm pivot dimensions were the same. The main concern being the pivot.

Comment

Up to and including 83, the Katana frames are not the same. In 84, Suzuki built for their domestic market a Katana that was based on the 83 750 E platform. They ran this through 86, but never brought them to the States. The only difference I know of between the 84 - 86 Katana frame and 83 - 85 750/700 frames are the footpeg mounts; on the Kat they are welded in, square tubing, and on the 750/700 they are a bolt on alloy plate.

Pivot dimensions I have no idea, but check some parts fiches for matching part numbers. Are you looking for pivot bolt fitment?

The Katana parts fiche can be found here:
        ✓ Official Suzuki parts list ✓ Easy repairs with OEM diagrams ✓ Free acccess to parts fiches for Suzuki GSX750S 1984 (E) UNITED KINGDOM (E02)

Comment

Wow thanks! I found a site that makes bushings for swapping a gsf1200 swinger in. Just thought it would be easier to get the parts rather then trying to get it all measured out myself. Lazy, I know. Thanks alot for your response though!

Comment

Working...
          X