Bar specs for GS G models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar specs for GS G models?

I have a 1983 GS 850 GL, which I'm unhappy with the stock bars, so I bought a Daytona bar, but it's a bit lower and less pullback than I had hoped for.
    Anyone know what the rise, pullback, and spread for the GS 850 G stock handlebar? I've always been partial to the stock bars on standard style bikes, and I think I might want to see if I can find a stock G bar to buy or maybe trade for the Daytona bar I bought.
    Any help would be appreciated

Wow, NO ONE has an answer for this?
    No one who owns a stock G is willing to take a few measurements to help a fellow GSer out?

Comment

Sorry man, I would gladly help you out if I could, but I replaced my GS1000G's stock bars with a set of 650 Katana bars a long time ago.
      The stock G are really comfortable, but these are better.

Comment

I will happily take pictures/measurements tomorrow for you.
        I will even offer to sell you a set for $15.00 plus shipping if you like them.

Daniel

Comment

I would very much appreciate that, Daniel, and if they measure out like I think they will, ya might wanna call USPS and see what shipping will run, because if they're like the CB and KZ standard bars I'm conversant with, I will most likely be interested in this purchase,
          I'll buy the stock front upper brake hose, too, if you aren't still using it on your own bike.
          Otherwise I'll get the hose elsewhere

And Flyboy, thanks for answering, even if you couldn't help.

Comment

7" up, 7" back, 10" up from perpendicular.
            Is that what you needed.? Will pictures help?
            BTW, I have 2 spare sets.
            The set on the 850 just might stay there. Got it on the road this evening.

Daniel
            Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2011, 01:04 AM.

Comment

The "Euro" bar is the next one from the Daytona. Similar height but a bit more pull back.

Dan
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                7" up, 7" back, 10" up from perpendicular.
                Is that what you needed.? Will pictures help?
                BTW, I have 2 spare sets.
                The set on the 850 just might stay there. Got it on the road this evening.

Daniel
                sounds like the same rise as the L model, with half the pullback. Not sure what 10" up from perpendicular means, but I'd love a good picture, they sound like just the ticket

Comment

Euro bar has less rise, according to specs. Also, a set from a G model would have the proper control locator holes, etc. already drilled.

Comment

Originally posted by 979roadrunner View Post
                    sounds like the same rise as the L model, with half the pullback. Not sure what 10" up from perpendicular means, but I'd love a good picture, they sound like just the ticket
                    Give me a half hour or more to take some pic's, download and post.

Daniel

Comment

Pic's!

Hope that these help answer some questions...

Perpendicular to the ground:

Riding position:

Mounted on an '81 850:

Clear as mud, right? LOL!

Daniel

Comment

The third picture! That's better, info wise, than a whole page of descriptions, or a ton of pics off the bike.
                        Get a qoute (or quotes) for shipping, and we'll figure out the patment details, we have a winner.
                        In my neck of the woods USPS is usualy cheapest, but Fedex and UPS are often reasonable if you live in a town where they have a local office.
                        USPS will probably be cheapest, though.
                        I'll PM the shipping address

Comment

Working...
                        X