GS605G Gear Ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS605G Gear Ratios

I've been toying with the idea of changing the gear ratio's on my 81.
    I'm looking for advice and sources for material.

Thanks.

Kurt Worden

Look below... I'm pretty sure that they're all interchangeable, but it looks like there's only two ratios available. You (and me) have 3.09's.

Comment

Andy,

Thanks, I'd read that post and it didn't click. But you caused me to read it again and conduct some additional research. Here's what I've found:

Only the 83 1100's had the option 2.91 ratio (11/32) all other 83's had the same 3.09 ratio (11/34).

The part number's are 27300-34810 and 27300-45811 different fiche cross both gear sets to the opposite p/n , but my best guess is 27300-34810 equates to 3.09 ratio. Simply based on the number of occurrences of that combination. Neither part is available from OEM sources (salvage yard here I come.)

The 84 1100 ratio was 16/17 and the housing is definitely beefed-up (4 point attachment to the swing-arm), so I'm guessing that secondary drive gearing is substantially different.

OK that's one vote for a final drive change ... parts source: salvage yard.
      Anyone up on a secondary drive change?
      Know of a machine shop that's cranking out new gears?

Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt.Worden
        The part number's are 27300-34810 and 27300-45811 different fiche cross both gear sets to the opposite p/n , but my best guess is 27300-34810 equates to 3.09 ratio. Simply based on the number of occurrences of that combination. Neither part is available from OEM sources (salvage yard here I come.)

Kurt
        Kurt,

Get into the line behind me

Thanks for the part numbers. Very useful.

regards

Comment

Working...
        X