The infamous "COIL RELAY" MOD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 81GS750 View Post
    Jasper, might I suggest starting a thread and introducing yourself to the GSR. What flavor GS do you ride? Where are you located? That sort of thing. Bass Cliff will visit and give you his world famous Mega Welcome.

My bad!!

I will do this now, although I don't have a photograph to put up yet. The first thing I did with my 1980 GS550E when I got it home was to remove the tank and carbs.

I've posted the gory details in my introductory post here:

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-19-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

help!! I did the mod and getting great voltage at the positive connection at the coil but when it's connected, I am putting the + test poker at the + line on the coil and the - poker on the - line on the coil and not getting any voltage at all. Would this mean my coils are dead or is there an issue w/ that ground wire going to the ignitor?

Comment

More likely the latter. Disconnect the coils and measure across their primary leads, they should be about 3 ohms.

Is it not sparking?

Comment

well, it's the coils I just tested the ohms and coils are only reading 1. I tested the leads from the sending unit and those are perfect. Looks like I'm now in the market for some new accel coils

Comment

I did it to my 79 GS1000 and it definitely improved its "cold nature".

Comment

Working...
            X