No announcement yet.

MORE POWER!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a 4.5" wheel. I just knocked out the GSXR bearings and used new GS sized bearings. You have to use a Katana 600 caliper hanger, GSXR rotor and caliper, and GSXR sprocket carrier and sprocket. The GS carrier doesn't fit the '88 and '89 4.5" wheel. You also use your GS carrier bearing and Katana bearing support in the sprocket carrier. The GS bearing support in the hub has to lengthened to match the length of the GSXR support. I just found a piece of pipe with the right ID and used JB Weld to glue about 1/2" of the pipe to the GS bearing support. The torque rod for the caliper has to be moved to the bottom of the swingarm. I shimmed my countershaft sprocket out by grinding down an old sprocket to use as a spacer behind the sprocket. I also used a hydraulic jack to spread the swingarm a little so everything goes in easier.

Comment

thanks alot billy, i think this is somthing that i soon will be doing to my bike, i just have to find all the parts haha. thanks for all ur help guys

Comment

There are 3 sets of RS36 and 2 sets of RS38 carbs on Ebay right now. Too much carb for the 750's but great for liter class GS models.

Comment

Yeah, that's the story of my search for these carbs. 38s show up all the time, 36s occasionally, but I have yet to find a set of 34s.

Comment

Hang in there Luke, I've seen a few sets of RS34's this past year with just an occasional search. If I ever see any I'll let you know.

Comment

Much appreciated.

Comment

Hey Billy, what do you think the ideal street carb for the GS 1100 would be. currently I am running 29mm Smooth bores with 125 main jets. This set up works well on my 1100G, delivers good power, and still manages over 40 miles to the gallon on the freeway. I guess what I would like to know is if either the RS36 or RS38 would deliver that much more bennefit over what I have? Any ideas?

Thanks, Sean

Comment

Luke I just saw a set of RS34's on e-bay tonite. They were off a 88 1100 Katana I think.
                  Doze.

Comment

Hi Pete!

A friend of mine did the following on his 750es: 33:s Smoothbores with pods because they are cheap and effective, 1100/1150 org. camshafts and a 4-1 Megaphone. As he told me, it made a big improvement. Thats the cheap way. The right way could be more than one, either increased cc(read GS1100...) or the modifying way: RS34, stage1 or 2 porting job with valves and seats done as well, a set of hotter cams and maybe a bigger piston kit while you?re at it. Expensive, and I read your remark about economy. But either way is the way to go.
                    Sure most people recommend a KNfilter, Jetkit and a 4-1. But I dont think it does all that lot that I would want. At least go for the carbs, bulletproof investment that you can carry with you the day you shift to a GS1100/1150 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Diaz
                      i drive a gs 750 es and i was wondering whats some good ways to get more power and pep out of my bike. thanks

Simple. Get a liter (+) bike.
                      WELL STATED.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Hey Pete
                        The information about the rear wheel you are looking for is in the prformance mod section under stuffing a 180 into a GS swingarm posted by the Katman, he has even posted some great diagrams along with great photos to illistrate his work. give it a go.
                        Regards Archie

Comment

thanks guys for all ur help , hopefully by next summer my bike will look like a completely new bike

Comment

Working...
                          X